Chapter 23

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Max's POV

I held on to the doorknob for support because I felt my knees growing weak.

I noticed Tul looking up from the desk where he was writing  his check. When he saw that it was me who had walked into the manager's office, he quickly signed off the check, tore it from his check booklet and just as quickly handed it to the manager. Then he stood up and rushed past me.

"Wait!" I called out and was about to run after him but then I remembered his mom's advice not to go after him yet at this time.

"What can I do for you?" the manager of the building addressed me.

"Uh ... uh ... umm ... " at first I was at a loss for words. Then I remembered why I was there in the first place. "I have come to pay for next month's rent."

"But aren't you the person who lives with Tul?" the manager got perplexed.

"Yes, I am," I replied. "But I have come to pay my share of the unit."

"He has paid it in full just now," the manager informed me, holding out the check that Tul had just handed him, for me to see the figures written on it. The figures indicated the full amount of the monthly rent.

Shit, now I didn't have a right to live in our unit.

"Umm ... could you change the amount that's written on it to half the rent so that I can write you a check for the other half?" I asked.

"No can do," the manager replied with a shake of his head. "He will either have to come and write out a new check or he could change the amount on this same check but he would have to place his initial beside the new amount. Either way, he will have to come back here. Why don't you go over to him and tell him to do that. Wait, why are you not even talking to each other? Why did he rush out of my office when he saw you?"

After asking all those questions, the manager raised his hands in the air saying, "Don't mind me. Don't answer my questions. I sometimes tend to be an old busybody. How old is Tul by the way?"

"Why do you want to know?" I asked.

"Well, if you're not talking to each other or if you plan to separate from each other, I'm gonna let my nephew know," he replied.

"Why would you let your nephew know, and why is he interested in knowing anyway?" I asked, starting to get agitated.

"He has been carrying a torch for Tul all these time, from the day that Tul moved into this building up to the present," the manager replied. "He's hoping that one day, he would get the chance to be friends with Tul and hopefully,  be more than that eventually, given the right circumstances."

"Over my dead body," I muttered under my breath as I walked out of his office without saying good bye.

I was walking towards the basement parking lot when from afar, I saw a young man, maybe about the age of Plan or younger, talking with Tul in the hallway in front of the elevator area.

He was talking animatedly, his smile reaching from one ear to the other. I wondered if he was the manager's nephew who was entertaining ambitious intentions towards Tul.

 I wondered if he was the manager's nephew who was entertaining ambitious intentions towards Tul

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who might not know him, his name is Santa Pongsapak Udompoch. He has just finished filming the first episode of "The Seven Project" which came out a few days ago. He is playing the love interest of Earth Katsamonnat (Cooheart) in this BL series. So much for TitleEarth and KaoEarth. We now have SantaEarth 😆