Chapter 15

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who might not know him, his name is Bas Suradet Piniwat. He played the role of Wayo in Two Moons season one.

Third Person POV

As Max was walking back to his car in the parking lot of Tul's company premises, he regretted his decision to walk away. He told himself that he should have walked up to Tul to ask him if they could go some place to talk. But then again, Tul was in the middle of a work event. Interrupting it would not be welcomed by Tul's supervisor. Besides, Tul might feel embarrassed that Max was witness to his being reprimanded for a serious error in his job.

Max decided that it was indeed not the best time to ask Tul to have a long talk with him.

When Max reached his apartment, he regretted not having stopped by the BBQ Goodness restaurant to order the delicious barbecue ribs that the restaurant was famous for.

Oh well ... there was always tomorrow.

"Surprise!" Jan and Debbie greeted Max as soon as he entered the front door.

"Guess who brought us a giant platter of barbecue ribs!" Debbie asked with a big smile.

Standing behind Jan and Debbie was Godt.

"Hello, Max," Godt said, grinning from ear to ear.

"What the hell," Max said, unable to decide whether to be upset that Godt made this unexpected visit, or to be happy that he brought the very same food that he had wanted to buy from BBQ Goodness.

"You don't look or sound happy to see me," Godt said, studying Max face intently.

"Oh no, I'm happy to see you, Godt," Max said. "I guess I'm just feeling a bit tired."

"Let's eat!" Debbie urged everyone. "Jan, please bring out the plates and utensils. Max, please fix us something to drink. I will place some rice into a big bowl."

"Oh, there's no need to fix us some drinks, Max," Godt said. "I included three large bottles of assorted sodas with my barbecue ribs order. I'm sure that would be sufficient for all of us."

"Great!" Debbie exclaimed.

Dinner was a noisy affair with Debbie and Jan doing most of the talking. Max would reply with a word or two whenever a question was directed to him. Godt tried his best to contribute to the conversation.

Debbie made everyone laugh, including Max, with her anecdote of her experience at the floating market where she had fallen into the water and when someone tried to pull her out of the water she turned out to be heavier than the person who tried to help her and so both of them fell back into the river.

Godt did not leave the apartment right after dinner. He stayed to chat a little while with Max and Debbie and Jan. 

Max helped Debbie fix coffee for everyone. Godt wanted his coffee with cream but no sugar.

The conversations kept on a while longer, but soon Debbie was looking at her watch.

"I guess it's time for me to leave," Godt said when he looked at his own watch. "We have to be back to work on time tomorrow."

"Thank you for a delicious dinner," Jan and Debbie said.

"You're welcome," Godt said. "I enjoyed your company very much this evening."

"That barbecue dish was great. Thank you, Godt," Max said.

"It was my pleasure," Godt replied. "I wish everyone a wonderful evening."

Then Godt turned to Max.

"Walk me to my car, Max?" Godt asked.

After just a very brief hesitation, Max said, "Sure."

Godt had parked his car just outside the gate of the apartment building.

It was a moonless night but the stars were out and the street lamp overhead provided enough light for Max and Godt.

Before opening his car door Godt opened his arms, waiting for Max to come and give him a hug.

Max reluctantly moved close and Godt hugged him tight, nuzzling his face in Max's neck.

Max pulled away.

"Debbie might be looking out of her bedroom window," Max complained. "You know how office gossip can spread like wildfire."

"You're right. I'm sorry," Godt said, stepping a little farther away from Max.

Suddenly a loud honk blasted into their ears.

A car screeched into a stop right in the middle of the street in front of them.

Someone stepped out of the car and rushed at Godt, pounding on Godt's chest with his fists and screaming, "You cheater! You big, hateful, hateful cheater! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!"

Max stood frozen in his spot, not knowing what to do next.