Chapter 4

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Tul's POV

The dream that I awoke from was so vivid that I thought at first that it was happening for real.

The flight attendant ... I knew his name was Mew because that, including his contact number, was what he had written on the peanut wrapper before I threw it into the trash bin inside the gents cubicle in the plane.

In my dream the plane was sinking in the ocean and water was rushing into our cabin.

I had hit my head against the sharp corner of a seat in the plane and I was bleeding. That flight attendant had tried to pull me to safety but I clung to the back of a seat, holding my head which was throbbing painfully.

I was looking around for Max. I could not see him anywhere. The flight attendant was trying to pull me from where I was standing unsteadily but I did not want to leave the plane until I found Max.

P'Mew, the flight attendant, tugged at my wrist once more.

"No... P'Mew..."

I was awakened by the sharpest and most painful slap on my face.

Max's POV

After I had laid out our breakfast, I crept into the bedroom to wake up my baby Tul with a sweet loving kiss.

My lips were inches from him when I heard him moaning. I could not tell whether he was moaning out of pleasure or out of pain. Then I heard him utter a name.

"... P'Mew ... "

Without a second thought, my palm hit the side of his face, leaving a red angry welt where my palm had landed.

He sat bolt upright in bed, his eyes wide open in shock.

"Where you the one who just hit me???" he asked in an angry disbelieving tone of voice.

"Look around you," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "Do you see anyone else in the room aside from you and me? Or Is your P'Mew hiding somewhere around here."

With those words, I added to my sarcasm by pretending to open the closets  and the dresser drawers and going down on my knees to peep under the bed.

Tul's POV

I tried to shake my head at what Max was doing but I could not even do so because my face was hurting so much from the slap he just gave me.

I slowly got out of bed just as Max was standing up from his kneeling position on the floor.

I tried to make my way to the bathroom but Max grabbed my wrist.

"Who is Mew?" he demanded. "Is he the flight attendant who was talking to you by the gents on the plane and who was giving you a lot of special attention during our flight back here?"

I was not going to lie because I was not guilty of anything.

"Yes," I admitted, "but ... "

Max did not give me a chance to finish my sentence. He stormed out of the bedroom and the next thing I knew there was a series of sounds starting from a loud bang against the wall and several breakable stuff crashing against the floor and then the loud slamming of the front door.

It took me a good half hour to clean up the mess in the dining room and in the kitchen.

Although my stomach was grumbling I knew I would not be able to hold in any food.

I sat on the couch facing the TV set wondering what to do next.

I wanted to call him to explain what the real situation was but I knew that he would not be in the right frame of mind to listen to me. I decided to wait for him to cool down and come home.

When evening came and Max still hadn't made his appearance, I tried calling him. It did not come as a surprise to me when he did not take my call.

By eleven in the evening I started to get frantic with worry. I tried calling him again but my call went straight to his voicemail. He had blocked my number.

I decided to call my mom to let her know that Max and I had returned safely from our honeymoon in Taiwan.

"Hello my son!" my mother answered my call in a very delighted voice.

Suddenly I found myself breaking down on the phone.

I was back to being a child again, running to my mom to ask her to kiss the boo boo on my knee. But this time it was not my knee that was hurting and bleeding.

If You So Desire (sequel to Turn... and Walk Away)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें