Chapter 12

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

In the end Godt decided to order a take out dinner from the BBQ Goodness restaurant to bring back to his condo unit.

Max quelled whatever misgivings he had by telling himself that whether he ate dinner at the restaurant or elsewhere he would be spending time with his supervisor anyway.

Max felt that he could not get enough of the calamari steak that Godt had ordered for Max and for himself. Its savory taste was highlighted even more when Godt drizzled it with lemon juice.

The white Chardonnay that Godt had brought out from somewhere in his unit kept flowing into Max's wine glass. It went so well with the calamari steak.

=   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =

Debbie frantically tapped on Max's contact number for the third time.

Once more her call went to voicemail after several rings.

It was half past three in the morning and Max was not yet back in the apartment. He would be late for work tomorrow. And then again if he was with the substitute supervisor she should have nothing to worry about, right? She argued with herself.

Still somehow there was this nagging feeling that Max might not be in a very safe situation right now.

Debbie paced the kitchen for a long time before finally giving up and going to bed. She needed to get some sleep to be able to work the following day.

=   =   =   =   =   =   =   =   =

Max woke up in a panic.

He noticed that he was lying in an unfamiliar bed, totally naked but covered with a thin white sheet.

He sat bolt upright, looking around the unfamiliar room but he had to quickly lie back on the soft pillows because of the throbbing headache that felt like it was going to split his head apart.

He closed his eyes for a few minutes, waiting for the dizzying feeling to dissipate. Then slowly, gingerly, he forced himself into a sitting position before getting out of bed.

The memory of last night's activities came rushing to his brain like a tidal wave.

He wrapped his naked body with the thin white sheet and went looking for Godt. He was nowhere to be found in the condo unit.

Max noticed a piece of paper on the coffee table in front of the wide spacious sofa where he had tried to ward off Godt's advances.

Max suppressed the feeling of guilt that washed over him when he remembered that the moment Godt's soft lips touched his, he could not fight off the feeling of pleasure. But then again he told himself that there was nothing to feel guilty about. He and Tul were officially separated.

Max picked up the piece of paper that Godt had left on the coffee table.

You were sleeping like a baby when my alarm rang. It felt like a crime to wake you up from your deep slumber. Just stay put at my condo and I will have breakfast and lunch delivered to you there. I will of course bring you home myself when I get back from work. By the way your clothes got all dirtied up last night so I placed them in the wash and dryer. You will find them on top of the dryer in the laundry room. See you later, Godt

Max's face turned a deep red when he recalled why Godt had decided that his clothes needed to be washed.

Max immediately went looking for the laundry room. He found all his washed garments neatly folded in a pile on top of the dryer just as Godt had said. His wallet and phone were on top of the pile of clothes.

He grabbed his phone and used the taxi service app to call for a cab to take him to Debbie's apartment. There was no way that he was going to stay in Godt's apartment for a minute longer.
As soon as he managed to make himself look decent he left the condo unit and went out to the curb side to wait for his taxi cab to arrive.

Max was letting himself into Debbie's apartment when his phone started to ring.

An unfamiliar number appeared on his phone screen. He let the call go to his voicemail. So many scam callers these days, he told himself as he went straight to the fridge to take out a package of bagels and tossed a couple into the toaster oven.

He was taking out the box of cream cheese from the shelf of the refrigerator side door when his phone pinged a voicemail notification.

He ignored the voicemail message and started to apply a generous amount of cream cheese on his onion bagel.

Max was starting get annoyed when his phone started to ring once more, the same unfamiliar number appearing on his phone screen. He let the call go to voicemail once more. 

He walked over to the coffee maker to make himself a cup of strong black coffee to treat his hangover.

Ping! The caller had left another message.

Max told himself that he better listen to the voicemail message and then place the number on his blocked number list.

"Hello, Max, this is Mr. Chitsawangdee. I'm the department head in the office where Tul Pakorn works ......"

The moment Max heard Tul's name, Max deleted the message and placed the number on his blocked list. Max could not believe that Tul would stoop so low as to get his own boss to try to get back together with him. The thought made Max angrier with Tul than he already was.

Max started to regret that he had left Godt's condo unit in a hurry.