CHAPTER 20: WITNESS

(I want to apologise for the sudden hiatus. I made the chapter a little longer to make up for it.)

"Uhhhh... hey buds!" Gura smiled awkwardly. Her face was flushed and looked as if she saw a ghost. She bounced up and down on her toes, scratching around her gills on her neck. "I-- uh-- need to use the lil shark's room! Aha!"

"Wait, Gura-"

"Alrighty, see ya later!" With a small wave, she bolted right into the bathroom.

With that reaction, Ina could only hope that she just really needed to go to the bathroom.

The karaoke session was fun for the girls. Especially for Kiara, Calli and Gura who were all quite happy to demonstrate their abilities with singing (and rapping.) Amelia hyped them up cheerily with some backing vocals and claps. With some hesitance, Ina did come around to singing but for a short rendition of 'Fly Me To The Moon.' More songs from ABBA and such classics came up, energising the group.

However, one curious thought irritated Ina for the whole session: 'Did Gura really hear the whole exchange?'

The girls were now outside, gathering as they exclaim about the various shenanigans that occurred during the karaoke session. The chilly evening welcomes them as they traverse down the streets of the now still city, almost silent everywhere.

"Seeing the city like this is pretty ghastly," Calli chuckles low, looking around with an interested eye. She stuffs her hands into her pockets, snuggly bundling up her hands. "It's kinda pretty--"

"SHARK ATTACK! LET'S GOOO!" Amelia and Gura hollers, running through and cutting the silence with a piercing warcry that screamed dominance and intimidation. With Amelia holding Gura up, the two of them goofily play around with the echoes of the empty city.

Sighing, Enma put a palm to her face as second hand shame washes over her. "That's it. I don't want to be associated with you guys any longer. I'm going to leave you all."

"Wait!" Ina, with clear distress, desperately grabs her shirt, "You're my only hope for escaping them with any sanity however little I have already!"

Snappily, Enma's quick wit hits back, "Pretty ironic for an Eldritch Priestess."

A twitch comes into her eye, "Oh shush." Ina scratches her nape, "Are you actually going now?"

"Mm? Yeah, I live there." Enma points over to an array of houses, quite close to the karaoke place, "I live quite close to the city centre so I can go to the shops quite easily." She waves to them, glancing at Ina in particular. "If you ever want to talk-"

"I'll go to you." She smiles, nodding.

"Alrighty. See you!" Gura waves at the swordmaster, excitably bouncing.

Laughing, Amelia gently places her down, "What's got you hyped?"

The shark girl giggles idiotically, "Nuffin..." She cups her own cheeks, smiling wide. Her eyes trail off, noticing something in her peripheral vision. Stepping forward, the girl cups her hands around her mouth, "Hey you dorks! Where are you goin' off to?"

Looking up in Gura's direction, Ina sees Calli and Kiara talking amongst themselves, waving at them at a distance. Without any explanation or any word from them, the two set off, joking around and poking fun with playful nudges and sudden guffaws.

'The two of them seem like a great pair. Maybe Kiara could help Calli get her reputation better. That way--'

'Shut up...' Ina mentally groans, pressing her palm to her forehead as AO-chan echoes their previous statement, 'You're only trying to get me riled up.'