CHAPTER 19: MY ALIBI

Kiara bounces excitedly on the sofa, holding a tablet in hand, "What should we do? What songs should we play? A pop song we all know? An anime OP? Or a sad, romantic song?" Glancing at Gura and Ame, she wiggles her eyebrows knowingly.

Before Gura or Ame could say or do anything, Ina stands immediately, "Let's go with a song we all know, huh? It'd be easier if we all sang first, right?" She looks back at Calli and Enma who sat a distance away from the group, seeing as they shift uncomfortably in their seats. "Would that be fine?"

The question prompts Calli and Enma to finally focus, not hearing what the group was saying. They blink, confused at the sudden query.

"Uhh- Yeah-"

"--Yeah."

"Sure..." The two of them flounder over the approval, not sure what they had just agreed to subconsciously.

Smiling, Ina takes her seat next to Enma, leaning into her slightly but making sure not to touch her. "You mind?" She looks up to Enma, shuffling as she rises a little to ensure Enma knew she was okay with going somewhere else.

Enma had no objection to the platonic closeness, even leaning into it slightly to embrace how close she was getting with Ina. "I don't. You can sit next to me."

"Thanks."

With a leap over Gura and Ame's feet, Kiara quickly gets to the microphone as the music starts to kick in. The beat was slow yet somehow exciting with the addition of a soft synth playing in the background. As the cowbell clangs threes time to count them in, Kiara takes small gasp-

I was cheated by you and I think you know when

The girls giggle, immediately recognising the song. Ame and Gura join in, bobbing their heads and tapping their feet to the bed. Soon enough they were swaying in tandem with each other, infectiously spreading to the girls as they joined with their swaying.

So I made up my mind, it must come to an end

This time, Ame and Gura sing with Kiara with Gura's voice somehow projecting better than Kiara who was on the microphone. Standing up, Gura joins Kiara at the front with a wide smile, bouncing with her. Clapping, Amelia cheers them on with a chuckle.

Look at me now, will I ever learn?

I don't know how but I suddenly lose control

There's a fire within my soul

Gura drops a pitch as she sings the parts perfectly, being egged on by Kiara as she puts the mic under her mouth to let her be heard. Her voice reaches the end of the room, projecting better than before and letting the girls hear her truly angelic voice.

It was enough to make Amelia blush.

Just one look and I can hear a bell ring

One more look and I forget everything, o-o-o-oh

Kiara stomps her feet, cuing Gura to do the same to the beat. They both do an improvised dance, small yet growing ever more explosive as the synth crescendos into the chorus.

"Let's go Gura!" Ina cheers, smiling as she claps along.

Mamma mia, here I go again
My my, how can I resist you?
Mamma mia, does it show again?
My my, just how much I've missed you
Yes, I've been broken-hearted
Blue since the day we parted
Why, why did I ever let you go?
Mamma mia, now I really know

The two girls pass the mic interchangeably between them two until Gura catches Ina's eye. The sudden eye contact prompts the small shark girl to jump over quickly, shoving the mic at her.