CHAPTER 18: DOUBTS AND FALLACIES

The school day was weighing heavily on Ina. However, her heavy head was not a result of her classes. Rather, it was the day before that clung onto her like anchors, stopping her from moving ahead. Physically, this wasn't true; Ina could move ahead. However, she felt that her brain kept onto the memory of Kiara confessing her feelings for Calli. To the point where she had essentially ignored all other words other than 'I think I'm in love with Calli' for the day.

"Ina," Enma snappily spoke, punctuating her words with a snap of her fingers, "C'mon, Ina look ahead!" Quickly, Enma brings her arm around to obstruct her movement. This stops Ina, getting her brain out of autopilot immediately as a door swings, inches away from her face.

"Crap-" Ina blinks, holding her head. Panting heavily, she holds onto Enma to slowly get a grip on reality. As the door before her closes, she looks towards the outside where her friends would be, waiting for her arrival: Amelia, Gura, Kiara and Calli. Her eyes widen, pupils dilated.

A warm palm rubs around the small of her back, reminding her she's still in school. Enma's deep voice serves to calm her, "Look- it's clear you're not happy about going there. We can go somewhere else and talk if you'd like?" Her hand slides to Ina's wrist, weakly holding it as she tugs her away.

However, Ina stays still, pulling Enma back. "I'll be fine but- uh- raincheck on that offer to go somewhere and talk?" With a nod from Enma, she finds renewed vigour to walk towards the group with a smile. Even if it was plastic.

"Ina! Took ya long enough," maybe it was the assurance that she had a chance but Kiara seemed lively as ever. Bouncing up, she gathers the two girls in a bear hug so tight that they felt as if their eyes bulged out. After a strained gasp, Kiara pulls away with a wide smile. "We were just talking about having a karaoke session!" Pouting, she quickly glances towards Enma, "You too, okay! Can't say no!"

"Uh- sure?" A quick side glance to Ina earns her an awkward chuckle from the priestess.

"So we're actually doing this?" A smile wides on Ina's lips, looking into Calli's eyes directly. She takes a seat next to Gura, a seat away from Calli.

She groans, nudging the phoenix with a frown, "She did but she promised that you guys would sing too so I wasn't alone."

Anxiously, Enma scratches the base of her neck, "I'm not a singer type..." Her leg bounces up and down until Ina places her hand on her thigh with a smile.

The shark, again not looking up from her switch, speaks frankly, "Y'know, we're not all singers either. We just do it for fun." The girls, except Calli and Enma, look suspiciously at Gura with a raised brow.

"What? What about Gura?" Enma and Calli exchanged surprised looks.

"What's up?"

Kiara smirks, pointing at the small girl, "Well.... This girl's a bit of a show off when it comes to karaoke."

"Hey!" the shark girl yells in protest.

Ame swings her arm around Gura's neck with a wide smile, "Hey, don't deny it! You have the voice of an angel!" She nuzzles her head against her's, trailing her arm from her shoulder to her hand to hold it. Despite Gura's protests, she only leaned further into Amelia's touch.

Enma is quick to catch this action, tugging Ina to whisper in her ear, "Are they dating?" However much Enma attempts to hide her words, Gura and Amelia clearly picks up on this and shoot their heads up, startled.

"No--"

"Yeah--"

A collective surprised silence fell on the group, watching the two girls in awe.