Chapter 26; I'll Prove it.

Damon's P.O.V.-

"You're just going to let her go?" 

I didn't have to turn around to tell who it was, I had been out on the porch for atleast an hour. Just staring at the darkness and wishing my cup was filled back up with bourbon. "She didn't want to stay here, Stefan." I said blankly. "Still, you didn't put up much of a fight." He replied, I turned my head to look at him. He stood in the doorway, his arms crossed. What was I, a kid being scolded? I rolled my eyes and turned to look at the darknes again. "What was I supposed to do, Stefan? Tie her down to the bed? She's 19, she can do what she wants." I said,  lifting my cup up to my lips, and sighing before placing it back down, realizing it was still empty. 

"No, but the truth might have helped." He said looking to the forest. I looked down at the small porch we had, or walk-way thing, or whatever. I turned to face him slowly holding my cup close to my body. "The truth?" I asked narrowing my eyes. "You weren't up in that room, brother, You don't know what was said, and what was neglected to be said. So, how can you tell me what I should have done, when you didn't even lift a finger to stop her from walking out of that door?" I said taking a step towards him. 

He narrowed his eyes at me, "You honestly expect me to believe that you told her the complete truth?" I raised my head and stayed quiet. "After everything you claim to have been through, if all that pain is true, then it would be nearly impossible for you to tell the truth about how you feel, because you're afraid, Damon. It's understandable for you to be scared of this new feeling, but that doesn't mean you can use it as an excuse to not tell people what they deserve to know." He said taking a step towards me. 

"Deserve to know?" I rolled my eyes, "Oh as if, little brother." I said shaking my head at him. "She doesn't care, she never did. How is that so hard to see? If she ever did care, she would have stayed, after all the things that were said up there, she should have stayed. But she didn't, and that was her choice, and who am I to object to the queens wishes?" I said raising my glass. He just stared at me, and without a word I walked around him and into the house.

Stefan's P.O.V.-

I didn't care if Damon admitted it or not, he didn't want her to leave. Whether it was because he had the feelings I suspected, or he just admired the girl, he hated her absence, and I did too. The next day, Bonnie dropped by, asking where she was.

"She left." Damon replied, pouring himself a cup of bourbon. I leaned against the arm chair, with my own cup. "Okay, that's clear." Bonnie said. "But where did she go?" She asked, getting impatient. "Why isn't 'she left' good enough?" Damon snapped sitting down on the couch. 

"Because I want answers." She replied coldly. "Fine," I said before Damon could speak. "She went with Klaus. But it was her choice, and there was nothing we could do about it." I said, motioning with my hands how pointless this conversation was. "You've got to be kidding.." Bonnie mumbled rubbing her eyes. "You just let her go?" She asked.

"She said it clearly, she wanted to go." Damon said drinking his bourbon. "Well, he had to have influenced her somehow," She said shaking her head. "How do you know?" Damon asked, unconvinced.

"Because, Loralie's Stubborn, sharp, and sarcastic, not stupid." Bonnie said leaning against the wall. "She wouldn't do that on her own, there's two things I know she would never do. Hurt anyone on purpose, and give up without a fight." Bonnie added. "She's sweet, and Klaus is...Klaus. There's now way she wanted to go with him." 

"Stefan," She said after Damon and I stayed silent for a few moments. "Hmm?" I said looking up from my glass. "Can you please give me and Damon a second alone?" She asked, crossing her arms and standing up from the wall. I stayed quiet, but walked around her and out of the room.