Chapter 24; I never meant to hurt anyone.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

Dances? I liked them, but that doesn't mean I would go to one just because. I will happily go for a friend, and even have fun at it, but It's not my idea of a great time. But, after a little struggling and arguing, Stefan managed to convince me to go. It was only in a few hours. I had enough time to think of an excuse not to go, I just couldn't think of one.

I laid on my bed, eyeing the silver box holding the dress that sat on my dresser. "Stupid dress." I muttered. It was pretty, the dance's theme was all about color, spring. So, Stefan bought me a light blue dress that he said complimented my tan skin and eyes perfectly. I swear he needs to be a fashion designer, but I don't think that's a vampire's first choice of a job. It was short, and went halfway down my thighs. It was tights and had one strap. Two rose decorations were on the side of it, made of the same fabric of the dress, it was beautiful, I had to admit. He got me blue open-toed shoes to match, and a blue rose pin to put in my hair. 

I didn't want to go, but when Stefan yelled a threat from downstairs, I got up and took a quick shower before drying my hair and slipping into the dress. I put my shoes on before doing my hair, I brushed it and let it fall into it's wavy curls, before pulling my bangs back and pinning them with the rose clip. I finished with a bit of eyeliner, mascara, the usual. 

"Loralie!" Stefan hissed from downstairs. I rolled my eyes and made my way downstairs, he stood at the bottom of the steps in his tuxedo. "Who's your date?" I asked eyeing the spot on his tuxedo where the flower would be stuck onto. The men were supposed to wear going to be given the color flower that their date wore at the dance. "Elena.." He said. "She asked me to give her a second chance, and I did." I nodded. "I know it's dumb.." He said.

"No it's not," I said. "You love her." I smiled as I reached the bottom of the steps. "Is Damon going?" I asked in a whisper.

Damon's P.O.V.-

"Well, I am the life of the party." I said walking out of the living room and straightening my tux. She glanced at me, then looked back at Stefan. I hated to admit it, but she looked,..whatever.

"Let's just get this over with." I said changing my mood and walking past them and out of the door.

We made it to the dance just as it started, and got in line for our flowers. Well, Stefan got in line. We just stood next to him. I had no date. I'll admit, I only went to see which guy Loralie had chosen over me. I mean honestly, it's me we are talking about here. Damon Salvatore? Yeah, me.

"Loralie!" I turned to see that same boy, Dustin was his name I think, from the previous ball, he approached Loralie and I rolled my eyes and straightened my tux. "Who's your date?"

I turned to look at them, he just asked her...wait..

"I don't have one." She replied with a smile. She doesn't have one? Wow, I guess I had no reason to come here. "Well, My date is in the bathroom getting sick because of the punch,..wanna dance?" He asked. I frowned, 

As if.

"I'm sure she'd just be giddy to, but sadly I already called the first dance." I said narrowing my eyes, stepping between them and grabbing her hand, before gracefully dragging her away.

"What the hell! Damon, let go of me!" She hissed, pulling away from my grasp. "What's your problem!?" She whispered harshly. "Oh, I'm sorry. That was a smile on your face when he asked you that? I thought it was a look of fear and annoyance." I said with wide eyes.

"I don't have a date, Damon! I can dance with whoever I want to." She scolded. I narrowed my eyes, "Fine," I took a step back. "Let's just say any guy here, any of them, want to dance with you. Which one do you choose?" I asked. "I choose,.." She said turning to face the crowd. I turned to stand beside her and watch. "That one." She pointed towards an Matt. The bartender. "What? Matt!?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "You sure?" She frowned at me.

"Okay, well,..i'd pick,..that one." I pointed towards a blonde with a bright smile, but high heels that were to big for her body. "Why?" She asked eyeing her. "Because, she's dumb, and obviously loves attention. After a dance, and a few compliments, I'd have her in bed like that." I snapped my fingers. She laughed once, "As if." She said shaking her head. "Well, I'd also choose that one." She pointed towards a buff jock.

"Why..?" I asked shaking my head, and narrowing my eyes to get a better look. "He's buff, and I bet he's a great hugger." She turned and winked at me, and I frowned. She was terrible at making me laugh.

"Well, I'd choose.." I began.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"Well, I'd choose.." I looked up at him. He stopped and looked down at me. "Let's just get tonight over with, shall we?" He smirked quickly before walking towards the bar. Typical Damon.

I watched him until he disappeared into the crowd. I turned and made my way over to the white bridge that crossed the creek, where me and Dustin danced last time. I leaned against the railing, peering down into the dark water, watching the reflections of the lights hung about bouncing off of the tiny waves. "Loralie."

That voice..I turned quickly and backed up against the railing.

He stood in a tuxedo, with no flower in it. He eyed me, with a greeting smile on his face.

Klaus.

"I, uhm, Klaus." I studdered. "W-what are you doing here?" I asked quickly. "Well, It is an open party, love." He said taking a step towards me with his hands behind his back. "Everyone is invited." He added stopping. "I'm not going to hurt you." He said. I didn't want to believe him, every bone in my body told me to run. But I didn't something told me he meant it, so I slowly nodded and let my muscles relax.

"So, I assume you are finding life as a vampire fulfilling." He said eyeing me. "Not exactly." I answered sighing. "I mean, I never wanted it in the first place, and even if I did, it's nothing like I would have imagined it to be." I said fiddling with my hands, and looking down. He looked towards the crowd of people near the house, and nodded, "This isn't what you wanted." He said softly. I looked up at him quickly, "Look at Stefan, stuck watching over you, not able to hold a steady relationship. You're the reason they broke up, you know." He said eyeing Stefan and Elena as they danced. "What?" I asked quickly. 

"She said he was spending to much time with you, then there's Bonnie., Who couldn't even come to the party." He said sighing, "She's stuck at home, looking for any spell to help you." I looked down and shook my head at myself, feeling guilt begin to creep over me. "Not to mention Jeremy." He said turning to look at Jeremy as he leaned against a tree with his hands in his pockets. "He is to busy worrying about you, to enjoy life. To busy looking over baby sister." He said looking back at me. I felt tears threaten to spill out. I swallowed them quickly and looked towards the darkness of the forest, taking the words in.

"Then, there's Damon.." He said looking over to the bar. "Deeply in love with a girl, who can't even figure out what dress to wear to a party, let alone what she wants in life, when it comes to love." He looked at me. "None of them deserve this." He said. I looked up at him, "I never meant to hurt anyone.." I said, letting a tear fall down my cheek. "Oh no no no," He cooed taking a step towards me. "Of course not love, it's not your fault you're ruining their lives." He said. I looked down, closing my eyes and letting another tear fall.

"I wish I could take it all back,..so I never even came here in the first place." I said wiping a tear away and looking up at him. "You know what to do..come home. I am your maker, after all." He said taking another step my way, so our bodies were only an inch apart, I looked over towards Damon, why him? Why not Stefan? Or even my own sister or brother? I don't know, maybe if I left losing him would hurt the most. Or maybe just because I looked up to him, what would he do? He would do what he always does,

Drink, and be a hardass. But I'm not Damon, I can't hurt people and feel nothing about it. I looked back up at Klaus, and he held his hand out, Which I slowly took. He smiled as our hands touched, and nodded. He led me off the other side of the bridge, and he led me into the darkness of the forest.