Chapter 23; Bruce The Dog.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

It was late that night, around 11 before I went downstairs. My shoulder had healed nicely, and I took a shower before proceeding down to the living room. My shorts didn't offer me much protection against the small draft slipping around the hall and neither did my t-shirt. I needed to get some sweat pants. I made a quick mental note, before flipping the living room light on.

The dark room lit up quickly, and he turned his gaze to me. Damon sat on the couch with a cup of bourbon. "Why were you drinking that in the dark?" I asked in a whisper. "Because, the darkness is comforting." He looked at me. "It's a depression thing." He said quickly leaning forward. "Here to steal more of my bourbon?" He asked.

I nodded slowly, "Take a seat, I'll pour you a cup." He said motioning towards the empty spot next to him and setting his cup down. As he poured me my own cup, I sat beside him and sighed. "So, why are you up so late?" He asked as I took the glass he offered me. "Probably the same thing as you." I replied.

"You like wallowing in your own pity too?" He asked with a fake surprised expression. He instantly changed it into a smirk as I frowned. "No." I replied. "Not exactly." 

"So, what is it?" He asked gulping down his own bourbon. "I keep thinking about what that witch said," I began to explain. "I know it sounds crazy, but- Damon!" I quickly snapped.

Damon's P.O.V.-

"I keep thinking about what that witch said," She began to explain. I listened, and was intent on listening, but it was just so hard to focus when I had so many other things on my mind. Things about me. More important things. "I know it sounds crazy, but- Damon!" I quickly looked up from the spot on the floor I had been staring at and eyed her. "Sorry, it's just so damn hard to focus with you in those shorts." I smirked.

She rolled her eyes, I thought it was pretty funny. "Downer." I said quickly before sipping my bourbon. She set her cup down and stood up, "Where are you going?" I asked.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"Where are you going?" He asked, suddenly interested in me. He set his glass down as I turned to look at him, "I'm going back up to bed."

"Why?" He asked standing up. "Because Damon, I have a serious problem, and you wont listen, even when I am serious, you don't know how to listen." I turned to leave, but suddenly, he was blocking my path. He stood between me and the hallway. "Talk to me." He said. "And I'll listen."

I eyed him, before sighing, "That day we went to the witch, she attacked me and said something about my time coming and everything will crumble or fall or something. I'm just,-"

"Scared, worried," He finished for me staring at my eyes. He was actually listening.  "Yea,.." I replied staring back. "And I'm not one to be scared, I don't get scared, I practically make situations so I can get scared, but I don't. And for the first time ever..I'm actually scared, Damon." I looked down as I explained, I was actually a bit afraid that when I looked up, he'd be gone. I sighed and when I looked back up at him. He was still there, his eyes were still locked on mine, and he was still listening. 

"I don't want to die, Damon." I said, feeling the burn of tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. "I've lost everything, my life, my friends, my mom, my dad, and I've been attacked by a hybrid, my neck has been snapped. I mean,..My life is falling apart and I just don't know what to do." My eyes only let one tear spill out, by the time I finished.

I looked down, embarrased, I hate crying in front of people. Always have. Always will. He placed a hand on my shoulder, and I lifted my gaze to him again. "I've been alive for 186 years, and only about 20 of those were decent." He said.