Chapter 22; Growling is a Warning.

Damon's P.O.V.-

The morning came quickly, and I slowly drug myself down the stairs. "Where's Loralie?" I asked eyeing her empty chair at the table. "She went out for a walk, why don't you go find her?" Stefan offered, pouring a cup of coffee. "Maybe there's another naked her out there." Stefan said with a blank face. I glared at him, he knew just how pissed off I was, but that wasn't stopping him.

I didn't care much for her going on a walk, until she didn't come back for 4 hours. I finally made my way out to the woods, and followed the usual trail she took. It led my straight to the clearing we always met at, and there she was. Laying on a large flat rock, that sat in the sun, in her wolf form. She was staring at the forest, her back to me. Quickly, her ears perked up and she swiveled her head to turn her blue gaze to me.

She huffed deeply, and stared at me. I began walking towards her."What the hell Loralie? Did the puppy get b-.." I paused halfway to the rock, and that's when I saw it. The large open wound across her shoulder. A dry blood pool covered some of the rock, My eyes widened, and my smirk faded. "Loralie?" I said loudly, walking towards her, instantly she stood up, and limped quickly, turning her whole body to face me on the rock. Lowering her head, she let a low growl out, I stopped instantly. 

Her growl, it wasn't normal. I've heard her growl, this was low, deep, a threat. "Loralie..?" I said slowly, holding my hands out. I was about 4 feet from her now, and I was in a bad position. That's when I heard it, Another growl, not Loralie's. It came from behind me, and I slowly turned my head to gaze at the golden colored wolf. It's green eyes narrowed as it bared it's teeth and growled.

That's when I realized, Loralie wasn't growling at me, she was warning me. The golden wolf wasn't even paying attention to me, I wasn't there to it. It eyed Loralie, specifically the open wound she had. She must have been sitting on that rock, watching, waiting for the wolf. Loralie took a step forward, baring more teeth, and the golden wolf perked her ears, and raised her head. She turned to look towards the forest, as though she heard something, we couldn't.

Instantly, it turned and took off, disappearing into the forest.

I turned my gaze slowly to her, she slowly let her lips fall, and she lifted her head, before licking her lips and lifting the injured leg up. I walked over to her slowly, making sure she didn't growl. She stared at me innocently as I kneeled beside her. She must have lost to much blood to heal, because she was still injured. I slipped my jacket off my body and held it out, ready to cover her up after she changed back. I watched as her body began to shake, almost vibrate.

It took a bit to realize what was happening, she was trying to change back to human, but was to weak to. "You've got to be kidding me." I sighed.I slowly raised my wrist to my mouth and sank my fangs into it. Ignoring the pain, I held it out to her. She slowly reached out and lapped at my wrist, which felt a bit weird. After a few seconds, she took a step back on the rock and licked her muzzle.

I stood up as she gagged once, and shook her head, she gagged again, and then, she vomitted. It was pure blood, she couldn't hold down my blood. She wined once and eyed me. "Damnit." I said narrowing my eyes. She lowered her head with a sigh. 

Stefan's P.O.V.-

I heard the front door open, and caught a glance of Damon carrying Loralie, in wolf form, up the stairs. I stood quickly, "What happened!?" I asked. He ignored me, and I quickly followed after him. "She's hurt, I fed her my blood, but she threw it up." He said laying her in her bed.

"Her shapeshifter form must reject vampire blood." I said quickly. "I'll go get Elena on the phone, she called and was worried." I said. "You told her she was missing?" He asked. "Yes.." I said eyeing him. He rolled his eyes and i turned leaving the room.

Damon's P.O.V.-

I laid her in her bed, and covered her up with the blankets. I felt like I was caring for a child. I turned around to grab some gauze, and when I turned back around, she was human, and naked. Though, she had wrapped the blankets around her. She held her arm out, and I began gauzing it. "What happened?" I asked. "Nothing.." She replied softly. I nodded, "I guess I don't need to know." I said finishing the gauze. "Just be careful.." I said standing up. "Wait." She said softly.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"Yes?" He asked turning to face me with his famous smirk. "Will you stay..please? Just..until I go to sleep." I asked softly. He stared at me, as though he wasn't going to. I turned over and closed my eyes, 'fine..' I mumbled. 

That's when I felt it, the bed moved and he sat beside me. I felt him begin to stroke my hair, like a dog.

How ironic.

As dumb as it sounds, I fell asleep a lot easier. I couldn't deal with this anymore, I hated to admit it,

but I wanted Damon Back, I just knew it was the worst thing for me, It just couldn't happen. I would tell him what happened but not now.

Now any time soon.