7. A gathering

Edited
————————————————

The next day had arrived a bit peaceful, no insults nor petty comments — just a bunch of work related stress, stress none the less, that luckily for scarlet had just flown by. In a snap — it was all over.

So that left her where she was now, grooming her violet suit — adjusting her pants, she turned to her side studying her appearance — from top to bottom.

A pair of black combat boots rather than her usual sneakers, and a black sleeved shirt — an opened button below the collar — she was not going full on suit mode, no way would she wear a tie or button the shirt all the way.

Being satisfied with her appearance, she ran her free hand through her trimmed hair — she had earlier gotten before the evening. Her red curly hair now did not pass chin length, unlike how it earlier grew out — passing her shoulder.

Taking one final look at herself in the mirror, she grinned — she was presentable enough.

§

She ordered herself a simple glass of grape juice from the bar, alcoholic beverages weren’t her strong suit.

But it being a celebration, mostly consisting of alcohol left and right — wasn’t particularly easy for a person, mostly a teetotaler.

A series of unfortunate events led her to such — so she stayed on that path from then on.

Scarlet took her gaze away from the glass in hand to the direction of her friend, Jayson, had been busy clapping with each step he took — he really knew how to grab her attention.

“I’m surprised you actually came.” he mumbled once he got close enough, pulling his sleeve up a bit he exposed his wrist watch. As if wasn’t dramatic enough, the man took a few steps back his hand over his mouth.“—and on time for that matter.”

So Jayson like.

With an eye roll she rised her glass to her lips, she spun the chair around to face the crowd.

“I could not miss a great party my friend.” she murmured, the glass cup only a few inches from her lips.

Jayson snorted, “Let me rephrase that for you.” grabbing his own drink from the bartender he turned, facing the crowd as well.

“You could not miss all these gorgeous, married, older woman — in these fine — lovely, dresses.” the man stated, taking a sip out of his glass.

Scarlet laughed. He was not at all a word wrong or off, he definitely knew her and her likes well.

“I mean what can I say — they are masterpieces, fine work of art.”

He shook his head pulling the glass cup away from his lips. “They are married and have children.”

A simple fact she knew, and most definitely ignored.

“Married to bastard’s, unfaithful pigs.” she snorted taking one last chug from her glass. Placing it on the countertop she tapped the glass — asking for a refill.

“Not all of them are.”

Grabbing the cup again she smirked at her friend. “That is why I sleep with the wives of such men.” and given the record — a lot of men needed to change.

“It will get you no where in life just—”

“It has gotten me the finest of the fine. . .” leaning closer to him she smiled. “—in my bed.” letting it out as a whisper and nothing more, pulling away from him she shrugged. “Or theirs actually.”