Happy Ending?

Art done by me!

It was over.

The drama, the kidnappings, the killings had all ended with Markus' arrest three days ago.

It was finally over. The city was shaken with the news of such a famous and wealthy celebrity leading a double life. Mr. Albrecht, Markus' father was distraught, physically and mentally unable to cope with the truth of his son. But he was forced to let his only son be taken to jail.

Four murder charges with three kidnapping charges earned him a very lengthy sentence with no possibility of parole.

This also meant that (Y/N) was safe.

About a month after the incident, (Y/N) has saved up enough to get an apartment and get back to work. With this middle class job, however, she  could no longer do expensive shopping trips in upscale malls. But she was totally fine with that. Those places were filled with entitled assholes anyway.

In the middle of decorating her room, she hears the doorbell ring.

~~~

(Y/N) POV

I walk out of my new bedroom to the front door of my apartment and open it to see all of my friends standing there."Hey, (Y/N)!" They greet me with excitement.

"Hey, guys. Come in, come in." I welcome everyone in and in a line, they enter my apartment one by one. I bring out water bottles for everyone since I don't have a lot of groceries yet and everyone gathers in my living room on the couch and on the floor.

"Nice place! Can't wait to rob you," Nene says as she sips her water. By, now, I've learned her humor and know she's just kidding.

I hope...

"You're doing so well on your own. My baby's all grown up!" Jenna says fake crying and fanning her eyes. I roll my eyes with a laugh.

I look to Kapi who was staring at me but quickly looked away."How's your knee? Able to dance again?" I ask.

"Yup! It was so painful being bedridden for a month."

"What'd you do the whole time?"

"Tch, cry." His answer made my feel a bit sad but I couldn't help but laugh a little."I couldn't even walk to the kitchen without using the walls for support. I felt useless. And, I live alone so if I fell or injured myself further and didn't have my phone, I was done for."

"Awe," I cooked as I sat on the floor beside him."My poor little baby. I should've been there to help you. I'm so sorry."

I reached up and scratched behind his ears. His tail started waving as he began to purr and my heart melted.

"Anyway," Pico says rather loudly."How do you like this neighborhood so far? Anybody I need to...take care of?" He begins cracking his knuckles.

"No, everyone's fine. Jeez, always looking for a reason to shoot someone."

"It's what I do." He shrugs with a smirk.

"Instead of murder, how about we all just take a chill day. It's been too long since we've all been together like this." Keith says.

"I agree," Nene speaks up with her hand in the air."We should kick back and enjoy (Y/N)'s new apartment before she gets annoyed and kicks us out. Well, everyone but Pico." She jokes.

Everyone looks to us as we blush and pretend we have no clue what they mean.

Everyone brought games to play, movies to watch and food to enjoy. This was the best housewarming party ever. To celebrate Kapi's recovery, he, Jenna and I had a dance contest. Keith brought snacks from his recent trip to Japan to visit his sister and shared with everyone. Pico used what few things I had in the kitchen and made dinner for everyone.