How It Is

"(Y/N)..."

"(Y/N)..."

My brain forced me to make some sort of noise as a response to whoever was calling my name.

"(Y/N)....wake up..."

The gentle hand shook my shoulder slightly. My eyes fluttered open slowly and adjusted to the bright morning sun.

"(Y/N), get up. C'mon, breakfast is ready."

"Mmmm...." I groaned as I rubbed the sleepiness from my eyes and stretched my arms and legs before sitting up.

"Good morning, my little Angel." My boyfriend, Markus said softly, brushing strands of hair from my face and kissing my forehead."There's plenty of food awaiting your arrival down stairs." He said.

"I'm tired. Wanna...go back to sleep..." I yawned and layed back, pulling the blanket over my face to block the sunlight.

"Bacon. Pancakes. Eggs. Chocolate chip waffles. Your favorites." He started listing all the things that I love to eat in the morning."I know you can't resist all those goodies. There's even some muffins, all your favorite fruits."

I peaked out from under the blanket."Is there apple juice?"

"Of course, who eats breakfast without apple juice." He chuckled.

"Hm. I guess I can nibble on some chocolate chip waffles." I removed the blanket and sat up again."Only if you carry me."

"You have legs, hon, use them." He pat my head, satisfied that he got me to wake up before leaving our shared bedroom.

With a sigh, I stand up from the massive bed and stretch again, walking through the door and down the hallway to the stairs.

Going down the stairs is much easier than going up since there's so many.

I was greeted by more sunlight through the massive windows that made up the living room wall upon descending the stairs and turned into the kitchen. The counters were filled with all my favorite foods and the chef, Monty, was still cooking.

"Good morning, miss. Please, enjoy whatever you like." He says with a warm smile. I nod and grab a plate of waffles, syrup and pour myself a glass of apple juice.

This sounds like a perfect life, doesn't it? Rich boyfriend who shares everything with you. Living in a big penthouse on the side of town where all the mansions and luxury hotels are located. People who wait on you hand and foot and a personal chef who will make whatever you want no matter what time of the day it is.

It sounds like a dream.

But it's not. It's all real.

And I hate it.

You're probably wondering, why would I hate having a life like this? Most people could only dream of living like this.

Well, it's great. I just wish I didn't have to sacrifice so much in order to have it. I don't mean money. I mean-

"Babe, you okay?"

I blinked after hearing his voice, whipping my head around to face him stand in beside me."Huh? I'm fine, why?"

"You're staring off into space. What were you thinking about?" He asked with a smile.

"Oh, uh...nothing. I dunno, just sleepy." I shrugged, cutting and taking a bite of my waffle, feeling the warm chocolate melt across my tongue.

"Well, I'd prefer you stay awake and go out today. With that girl you always hang out with. What's her name again?" He thought.

"Jenna."