Promise

(Y/N) POV

The date with Kapi is going really well. He's so funny, talented, and so adorable. I don't know if it's because he's a cat, but I'm drawn to him like a magnet.

"So, aside from dancing, what do you do?" He asked me with the smoothest voice."I haven't had much to do in a while. I've been hanging out with my friends a lot, just chilling." I answer casually.

"No job?"

"It's a bit more complicated than that." I fiddle with my fingers nervously."I quit my job six months ago, but I've been living comfortably thanks to someone else."

"That's fine. Share at your own pace." He smiles at me. I sigh a thank you.

"So, what about you, if you don't mind me asking?" I turn the question around and he shakes his head."Not at all. I graduated high school last year and I'm taking a year off before I start college."

"Ooh, what's your major?"

"Well, I haven't really decided yet. This school I got accepted to is for, like, business types of people. I got accepted cause I'm good at math or whatever, top of my senior class," he brushed his shoulder, making me laugh."But, I don't actually enjoy math. I just happen to be good at it."

"Then, don't go."

"Well, it's a bit more complex than that." He says, obviously mocking me from earlier."My parents expect a lot from me. I've always been a good kid and they know I like dancing, but they think it's just a hobby. I want dancing to be my profession. But, they don't think I can really make a living from it." His gaze falls to the table with a sad look in his dark eyes.

I couldn't really say I related, since my parents were the type to be fine with whatever I chose, just as long as I was happy and healthy. I always heard stories from either strangers or friends that their parents want specific things for their lives, even though they want something completely different.

"I disagree with parents like that." I accidentally say out loud. I catch myself and cover my mouth."N-not saying I don't respect your parents, I just mean, they should be happy if you become a dancer instead." I stutter. He chuckles at my nervousness.

"It's cool. I agree with you." He takes my hand that was resting in the table beside my now empty plate.

I get lost once again in his beautiful eyes, as he smiles at me. His ears had dropped a little, making my heart skip a beat.

"Can I get anything else for you?" A waitress interrupts our passionate staring to ask. Kapi looks at me, silently asking if I wanted anything else."I think we're good, right?"

"Yes. Can we get the bill please?" He asks sweetly. The waitress blushes before going off to print the bill for us.

"Seems like a lot of people like you." I comment."I guess. Kinda hard to believe since I got bullied in school." He chuckled.

"I think everybody got bullied in school at least once." I say. He silently agrees as the waitress returns with a slip of paper. She winks at Kapi before leaving again.

I didn't realize I was making a stink face at her.

"(Y/N), relax. That face makes you look mean." He laughs, taking out his wallet to pay the bill. I take out my own wallet and place down a few bills."Uh, what are you doing?" He asks.

"I'm helping with the bill?"

"Absolutely not. Beat me in DDR, then you can pay the bill. I'm taking you on a date, remember?" He pushes my money back towards me and I reluctantly return it to my wallet.