Reva felt someone's hand stroking her hair. Her eyes opened to face amber-colored eyes. "Forrest you are awake" She looked at him surprised. "I need to call Chris and..." He placed a finger on her lips. "He visited when you were asleep. He cleared me to go. I can go home now." She nodded. 

"I will drop you home if you like to go then..." He held her hand placing a kiss on the back of her palm. "We are having twins?" She gasped. "You listened?" He nodded. "Every word you had said I listened." Forrest looked at her studying her features. "You are not sleeping well? Have you checked your heart recently? The pacemaker?" Forrest asked her. She shook her head. "let's get you home." She insisted.

Forrest told his driver to drive them to the airport straight as he got dressed. Reva was completing the formalities. Now it was not the time to think. It is time to take action and that is what he intends to do. He is going to take her away from here. He is going to spend some time with her. She had been through a lot because of him. She helped him to the car and settled beside him. He placed his hand over her abdomen. 

"I am going to be a father," He said to himself as if he was assuring himself that he could. "Yes, you are going to be a father sir. But it doesn't mean you have to stay with me or provide any kind of child support or anything like that." She saw that the car took the road to the airport. "We are going the wrong way this isn't the way to your home," Reva told him.

Forrest said nothing till they reached the airport. "Why are we here?" She asked. "Because I need to get out of this country. And you are coming with me." He told her. He didn't give her a choice to negotiate anything. "Where to?" She asked. "Rome." It was all he had given her answer to. 

They took the plane and after it took off, she insisted that he take a little rest. He refused to do that. "I am fine here right next to you Miss Mathur. At least this way I can see you. You have denied me this pleasure for a long, long time. Not anymore." He insisted. She still was confused why he wanted her to accompany him on this trip.

"Miss do you need anything?" The flight attendant asked. "Nothing, she cannot drink, she is pregnant. But I can have something for the pain. Do you have something strong?" "He cannot drink too, just got off from his death bed," Reva told the flight attendant. "You can instruct anyone to not let me have a drink or two," Forrest said looking at her. 

"You have tried to kill yourself and now you are on a plane flying away from the country. No one knows about it. And you are fighting me about drinking?" She asked looking at him shocked. "Yes, I am. You wanted to leave me. What could I have done without you? Have you ever thought that I might not wish to have a life without you?" He asked getting up almost swaying.

"Forrest please sit down. You are still very weak." He walked towards the cabin almost falling down twice. "Forrest" She exclaimed holding him. "Are you a fool why are you doing this? What are you trying to prove?" She asked. 

"Nothing, I am trying to prove nothing to you or anyone. If you won't believe that I do love you then what can I do? What can I do to make you believe over it? I cannot make you believe over it." He told her in a defeated voice. "Why you tried to kill yourself over me?" Reva asked.

"I do not need to justify myself for what I did, you haven't justified your actions, why should I?" Forrest was irritated she can tell very well. But she didn't force him to choose. She was leaving them. She was leaving him alone. Didn't she? Then why did he pull this off? Why did he try to kill himself?

 "Alright, you don't have to talk to me, Forrest. I am going to lie down." She stood up and she felt him holding her arm stopping her. "Do you really not know why I did this? Or you chose to not understand on purpose?" He asked. She tried to pull her hand away from him. He pulled her towards him. "Let me go please." He left her hand. She walked away.

Her heart was racing wildly. Why is he doing this? She looked at her hand and there it was the ring on her finger. He put it on her again. What is going on with Forrest? What was he thinking about doing now? She has no idea but one thing she knew was that she needed to find out if he was alright. Her phone rang and she picked it up.

 "Hello," She answered. "You are not in the UK, are you? So, all that you have told me about meeting me here was a lie" She sat up on the bed. "Apurva, I am sorry but I had to stay back because..." "Your pretty boyfriend threatened to kill himself by swallowing pills I know. But I wasn't the one who insisted that you should start a new life. It was you. And now again, you have gone back on your promise once again." The angry voice said from the other end of the line.

"Look I am sorry ok? I cannot possibly leave him like this can I? that is not what should have happened. I am sorry but I had to stay with him. He is my responsibility." She shouted back. "The man who can leave you for another woman is your responsibility? How do you know that he will not leave you in the future and for that, you have rejected me twice?" He asked. "I am..." someone took the phone from her hand. She looked at Forrest who looked very angry.

"How many times do I have to tell you this? She is my fiancée and I hate when someone calls her at odd hours. Especially if that someone is a male, she doesn't like to associate herself with." Forrest said angrily. "It wasn't my fault that she came to me not you, was it? It wasn't my fault that she called me when she needed someone"

"Look, she is not just my fiancée she is the mother of my children and I am not going to leave her for anything." He told him with finality in his voice. "And she is going to be my wife sooner than you think so, stop calling her. Do you get me? Don't you dare call her again?" And he threw the phone down on the bed. "Forrest..." "Don't... don't say a word, if you do, I will not be responsible for my actions. Do you get me? I will not be responsible for my actions." He walked away trying to control his anger.

"Your drink sir" The flight attendant placed a glass in front of him. He picked it up. He doesn't need to do or say anything. He would do his bidding when he would reach his destination. He placed the glass down not touching it. He is not going to drink. She doesn't like him to drink and he is not going to do anything to upset her anymore. He cannot. He cannot see tears in those eyes he learned to love over course of months.

He looked at the clouds from his window. Soon he will resolve all. He has to, there is no other option if he wants to keep his life from falling apart. He cannot believe what he did. How could he leave them alone? Once he had... no it is not time to dwell on the past. He has no time to dwell on that thought. He needed to think ahead of this. He felt someone's hand over his shoulder. He held it. "Get some rest." He told her. "Don't you like to do the same, Sir?" He pulled her to him and made her sit in front of him.

"I am sorry, that I have done this." He told her, "Reva, I am sorry can you forgive me? can you forgive this fool who loves you with all his heart? And the thought of not having you in my life had sent me over the edge. I didn't think of the consequences. All I wanted to do was to stop the pain. I wanted to stop the pain I was feeling for so long. You put the heart in Heart Specialist. How can I ever be without you?" He asked looking at her.

"Tell me what do you want from me then Forrest? What can I give you?" Reva questioned. "What can you give me Little birdie, other than your love? What more I could ask of you to give other than yourself? All I want is you nothing else. Will you marry me? Please?" He asked startling her. 

Word Count: 2379 Words