"Reva" She heard someone shout. "What do you think you are doing?" She looked at Forrest who looked so angry. "I told you, didn't I? she abuses me? look how she had hit me in your absence now did you get your proof?" Reva smiled. Forrest looked baffled. "Reva, why did you hit her? You know she is..."

 "Fragile? Yes, she is Mr. Forrest Arthur Lyte. I am so sorry that I didn't say it before. I am sorry, but I cannot take it anymore. You know, you can have him, Ange. Oh sorry, Mrs. Future Forrest Arthur Lyte. I am going to go now and finally move out." Reva didn't shed a tear but the pain she felt was unbearable. Forrest wanted to go after her. But Ange stopped him. "She hit me. What I have ever done to her?" He hugged her. "I am sorry Bear, she isn't like this normally." He said not believing a girl like her can hurt anyone.

Reva rolled her suitcase out of her room as Forrest looked at her. He walked towards her. "You are leaving?" He asked. "Yes, I think it is for the best. Forrest, I am sorry." He held her hand. "Will I see you again?" She smiled sadly. "Where I would go? I have to be here for few more months, working under you." "Don't go, you know I cannot sleep without you by my side." She raised her hand to touch him but pulled it back.

 "I think we never should have gotten addicted to each other's presence. Let me go, Forrest, you have to." He walked her down to the front of the building. "I cannot live without you Little birdie. You know at the end of the day you are the only one I need. You will be the one I need always. Don't leave like this, give me few more days, I will short it out, please? I beg you. Few more days?" She placed a kiss on his cheek but he pulled her closer and kissed her lips. The car stopped and she climbed on. He shut the door and it drove away. A lone tear escaped his eye. He had broken her apart. And he had broken himself with it.

Reva looked at her food. She felt everyone's eyes on her and looking at her with sympathy. She didn't want it. It had been four weeks since she had returned to her old home and no one was leaving her alone. "I am fine guys. It is not like my world had ended or something. It was just a silly crush." A silly girl believing her dreams can come true. It had to be crushed. 

"You are not eating well for the past few days, Reva you love to eat, you love to shop, you love to party. But you didn't even attend your own birthday party. It is highly unlikely for you to do that." She looked at her friends. "It was nothing, besides I had to go out of the city for the day." She didn't reveal how Forrest had stood her up.

She sat on the table booked for him and her and he didn't come, he didn't answer his calls and when she reached his apartment, she was informed that he was out with Ange.

The next day in the hospital he was there with an apology. "She wanted me there, she wanted to see a movie. She hasn't done it in a long time. I thought maybe I can break the ice and tell her. But I got late and then I remembered about the birthday, I am sorry little birdie. You know, you are the most important person for me.?" She begins to doubt it was true. "You can lie to us Reva, but remember we are your sisters. And we know when we see a sad face such as yours. You cannot always hide things from us." Pia shook her head. They all stopped.

"So, in a week is Karwa Chauth, I was thinking about keeping the fast for Chris, will you guys help me with it? I was thinking going full traditional with Saree and henna and all." The girls looked excited. "Sure, we can go out now and bring the things." Reva looked up from her plate. "I cannot I have a conference call to attend to," Reva said looking at them. "But you don't have to work all the time Reva. Come on, we can do it later. Let's help Pia." Reva stood up from her place. 

"I told you I am not in the mood. Why cannot you all leave me alone? I want to be alone." She walked towards her room and locked the door. "This is going too far, Reva..." Mia shouted but Pia stopped her. "No, let her be alone. She needs this time to understand what she wants from her life. We will buy things for her. Let's go." Pia said looking at the closed doors. Reva Mathur is broken. And there is no one who can mend her now.

Reva heard the front door close and she sighed. Finally, she is alone. She walked towards her bathroom and picked up the little white stick she was afraid to look at. And there it was a pink positive sign. She threw the stick down in horror. The fourth time it was the same. She was definitely pregnant. She held her hand in her head. 

What she is going to do now? Abortion is out of the question there is no way she is letting a child suffer for her mistake. But she was too young to become a single mother. She cannot do it alone. She held her phone and reached for his number. But something stopped her. She cannot do it.

Then she looked at her laptop. She can do something else though. She can provide the best future for her child. She can give him or her the life which they deserve. All she needed to do was accept the offer she declined for so long. She needed to do this for her child's sake. She started to write an email to the institution.

 "How does London sound to you? I hope you will like it. Because from now on, it would be me and you. And we are going to have lots and lots of fun. I promise you." Her eyes watered. "Mommy will be the best mommy for you. Mommy promise."

She decided and then she closed her eyes. She saw Forrest's face. "For my happiness and your Forrest," And then she pushed the send button. It was done all she needed was their confirmation and then she can start looking for accommodation. She knew it was the right thing to do. She knew this was inevitable when she heard Ange was awake. 

She knew she was going to be left alone as always. But what she didn't calculate was the child in the calculation. It was a surprise she wasn't expecting but she knew she cannot leave it like this. It was her responsibility to provide her child with the best life she can. Even without a father.

She played with the ring on her finger. The one Forrest gifted her. She didn't wish to keep anything he had given her including this. The soon she returns this, the sooner she will be free of this. But in her heart, she knew, she could never truly be free of it. She could never truly say goodbye to this. She could never really forget all that happened with a constant reminder growing up within her little by little. "Tomorrow, I will return this ring to you. Tomorrow I will end it all." She told herself.

The next morning Reva woke up still sleep-deprived but she is learning to let go of him. Little by little she is learning to live without him and all this was part of this growth. All this was part of her new life that she is going to start very soon. She picked up a dress and put it on. And some flats with minimal makeup. Last thing she wanted to hear was as she was trying to seduce a rich doctor on the premises. She called a cab and reminded herself to get a check-up and few pre-natal vitamins for herself.

She walked inside the hospital greeting the patients and other personnel. "Good morning have you seen Dr. Lyte?" She asked a nurse. "Yes, he must be in his cabin mam." She nodded walking towards the designated place. She walked inside without knocking as an old habit. And she saw the mess around. He can never keep his cabin organized without her. Out of habit, she begins tiding his stuff. Keeping his stationary in its place releveling the files and keeping it in order. And then putting them in its place. Once she was satisfied, she decided to wait for Forrest.

"What you think you are doing in here Miss Mathur?" She turned around to see an angry Ange looking at her. "I was here for Dr. Lyte. And I was just tiding his stuff. I do that time-to-time Mam." She didn't want to pick a fight with her. And then her eyes suddenly landed on an almost empty bottle of anti-depressant. Was Forrest using them? But he had stopped when he was with her. 

"I don't want to see you anywhere near him or his cabin," Ange said holding her hand harshly dragging her towards the exit she hit her leg cutting her hand with the corner of the table. "Ange stop you are hurting me," Reva exclaimed. "What is going on here?" someone asked and he didn't sound happy. 

Word Count: 2468 Words