Walking downstairs to get herself some water, she heard Sirius' voice from the living room. She softly padded her way towards it.

“Your dad’s place,” said Sirius. “Your grandparents were really good about it  they sort of adopted me as a second son. Yeah, I camped out at your dad’s during the school holidays, and then when I was seventeen I got a place of my own, my Uncle Alphard had left me a decent bit of gold —
he’s been wiped off here too, that’s probably why — anyway, after that I looked after myself. I was always welcome at Mr. and Mrs. Potter’s for Sunday lunch, though.”

“But . . . why did you . . . ?” stammered Harry, who was standing beside Sirius and staring at the Black Family tree.

“Leave?” Sirius smiled bitterly and ran a hand through his long, unkempt hair. “Because I hated the whole lot of them: my parents, with their pure-blood mania, convinced that to be a Black made you practically royal . . . my idiot brother, soft enough to believe them . . . that’s him.”

Lia stayed quiet as she listened to him rant.

"That's...." Hermione trailed off.

"Cordelia's father yes. She's here too, you see" And surely everyone saw her name at the end.

"How did he die? Was he killed by an auror?" Harry questioned, regarding Regulus.

“Oh no,” said Sirius. “No, he was murdered by Voldemort. Or on Voldemort’s orders, more likely, I doubt Regulus was ever important enough to be killed by Voldemort in person. From what I found out after he
died, he got in so far, then panicked about what he was being asked to do
and tried to back out. Well, you don’t just hand in your resignation to Voldemort. It’s a lifetime of service or death.”

This made Lia feel guilty about her boggart and ever questioning her dad's true motives.

She acted nonchalantly when they turned towards where she was.

"What?" She questioned, pretending she hadn't heard a thing.

"You're related to the Malfoy's" Harry pointed out to Sirius as everyone moved towards the kitchen where lunch was ready.

“The pure-blood families are all interrelated,” said Sirius. “If you’re only
going to let your sons and daughters marry purebloods your choice is very limited, there are hardly any of us left. Molly and I are cousins by marriage and Arthur’s something like my second cousin once removed. But there’s no point looking for them on here — if ever a family was a bunch of blood traitors it’s the Weasleys.”

"You and I are related too" Lia nudged Harry towards where it read-
Dorea Black — Charlus Potter

Making him gape a bit.

“Lestrange . . .” Harry said aloud.

“They’re in Azkaban,” said Sirius shortly.

Harry looked at him curiously.

“Bellatrix and her husband Rodolphus came in with Barty Crouch, Junior,” said Sirius in the same brusque voice. “Rodolphus’s brother, Rabastan, was with them too.”

“You never said she was your —”

“Does it matter if she’s my cousin?” snapped Sirius. “As far as I’m concerned, they’re not my family. She’s certainly not my family. I haven’t seen her since I was your age, unless you count a glimpse of her coming in
to Azkaban. D’you think I’m proud of having relatives like her?”

“Sorry,” said Harry quickly, “I didn’t mean — I was just surprised, that’s
all —”

“It doesn’t matter, don’t apologize,” Sirius mumbled at once. He turned
away from the tapestry, his hands deep in his pockets. “I don’t like being back here" he said, staring across the drawing room. “I never thought I’d be stuck in this house again.”