CHAPTER SIX

I turned back round to face the door hesitantly.

That same dickheadly gorgeous man was stood leaning against the large door - although the door now looked tiny due to his tall figure. My eyes couldn't stop roaming over his body. His finely woven black tunic embellished with threads of gold was hugging his biceps and waist nicely, showcasing his sculptured body. His plain black jeans matched his glossy black shoes.

Adeline, stop. You came here for answers, not for eye fucking a bastard - but jeans, angels wear jeans?

I chose to avoid eye contact to steer clear from his intense gold eyes, knowing that they were looking at me. Entering the dining room and passing him, I smelt his tangy cologne - strong and bitter in a pleasant way.

Not wasting any time, I looked around the enormous room. It was how I expected - simple yet elegant. Walls were beige and baby blue to almost provide a classy french country house vibe. In the middle of the room sat a huge wooden table with a golden border - large enough to seat two families.

I watched as the dickhead took a seat at the table, his motions elegant and regal. That was when I noticed an unfamiliar face also sat at the table looking as confused as I was. The pronoun 'us' began to make sense now.

The unfamiliar man shared a few similar things to his dark- haired friend with additional distinct features - ash blonde hair, bright hazel eyes with long lashes, pointed nose not as straight as his friend's, and sculpted cheekbones engraved into his tan skin. He was wearing a white tunic, also finely sown with what looked like expensive silver threading and I couldn't help but notice his tattoos seeking through it. My eyes darted to his long slender fingers, golden rings adorned on each of them.

Why is everyone here so good-looking? Even the maid.

Someone cleared their throat and snapped me back to reality - or whatever this was. The dark-haired man I had already met leaned back into his chair, a small smirk tugging at his lips, "Are you going to sit, or enjoy dinner standing?"

I rolled my eyes and started to head towards the furthest chair from them until he spoke up again. " Sit here," He jerked his chin towards the chair opposite him from the table, "It would be easier to talk to you."

You're flattering yourself if you think I want to talk to you, prick.

Either way, based on Cirse' warning I figured it wasn't a good idea to get on his nerves and so I reluctantly sat in front of him, huffing to let him know I didn't appreciate the instructions. The ash- haired stranger had offered me a charming smile to be polite but I decided not to return it. All that was streaming through my head was leaving this place and going back to my family.

The dark-haired man broke both the silence and the ice. "Julian, this is Adeline,"

Julian. The majestic name fit his striking features brilliantly.

"Adeline, this is Julian. You could say he is my closest acquaintance."

Best friend? Dicks had best friends too?

"I didn't come here to make friends, did I?" I spoke quietly with sharpness in my tone, staring at my plate to avoid both gazes, "Just tell me why the hell I am here."

Julian's eyes flickered wide as he glanced between his friend and I.

The dark-haired man had nothing but that irritating amusement on his face as he ignored my demand like nothing had happened. His fingers snapped and people, which I assume were maids, rushed in with trays of many different dishes. They remained silent with their gazes on the floor while putting the food on the table. People either feared him or they respected him, which was probably why Cirse had said what she said to me.