"Both of 'em?" Rick asked Aaron has he showed us our houses. One was blue and one was yellow.

"At your disposal," Aaron nodded.

"I'd call dibs on that one. It's got more curb appeal," Aaron nodded at the blue house. "Listen, I know you're still feeling us out, but I'm glad you came. Anyway, Deanna's asked everyone to give you your space so they aren't all coming at you at once. Take your time. Explore. You need anything, you call me. I don't- we don't have phones I meant I'm four houses down."

"Thank you," Carl said. Aaron nodded and walked away. Rick looked at us before walking towards the blue house. I let my hand glide up the railing as I walked up the porch stairs. All of this felt unreal. Rick opened the front door and we all peered in. In the entrance, there was a bench with some empty picture frames on them. The house was nicely decorated, too. It looked and felt like the world wasn't ending anymore.

I walked into the kitchen with Carl and watched him turn on the sink. Water came out. Actual water. I never knew how much I missed the sound of water.  I smiled at Carl when he looked up. If the sink worked, then the shower did, too.

----------

After my shower, I changed into some spare clothes I had found laying around. It was nice clothes, too. Rick had shaves his long beard and even had his hair cut by a girl named Jesse. I walked out onto the porch with Carl, looking around in awe.

"You kids can look. Just be quick," Rick said to us.

"Alright," I nodded and walked away from the house with Carl. Carol followed us. We walked over to the yellow house and opened the door.

"These are like mansions," Carl said, looking around the nice kitchen.

"Mm-hmm and they're just giving them away," Carol said, gazing out the windows.

"You coming?" Carol asked, walking towards the front. I dragged my hand across the nice fireplace this house had.

"Yeah, in a sec," Carl said. Carol nodded and walked out the front door.

"Carl," I looked up when I heard footsteps above us.

"Come on," Carl walked up the stairs with me behind him. When we reached the top of the stairs we heard more thumping. The two of us drew our knives. We reached the edge of the hallway where there was a door. I grabbed the doorknob from the side and counted down from three with my fingers.

"Three, two, one," I whispered, pushing the door open quickly. Carl stood in the doorway with his knife, ready to attack.

"It's clear," Carl said. We walked into the small room. You could see the wooden beams holding up the roof and the wood panels on the wall. It clearly was not finished. There was a bunch of stuff like blankets, pillows, comic books, and much more. 

"Look like someone was living up here," I said, tucking my throwing knife back onto my hip. 

"Yeah," Carl nodded.

----------

Later that night, our group crammed into the living room. We weren't ready to start sleeping in our own house yet. 

"How long was I in there for," Michonne asked, coming into the living room with a toothbrush.

"Twenty minutes," Rick replied, setting Judith in her crib.

"God, I could not stop brushing," Michonne chuckled.

"It's like heaven," I smiled, looking at her. Michonne tilted her head as she looked at Rick. "Huh. I've never seen your face like that."

"That's what I felt before and after," Rick said, walking to stand by Michonne. 

"Is that one of the comic books you stole from that house?" I asked Carl. He glanced up at me.

"Maybe," he said. I laughed lightly. Everyone looked up when there was a knock at the door. Rick opened the door to reveal Deanna. She went to say something but paused. She did a double-take on Rick.

"Wow," she said in shock. Rick groaned as he knew what she was talking about. "I didn't know what was under there. Listen, I don't mean to interrupt. I just wanted to stop by and see how you were all settling." Deanna looked at us all cramped together. "Oh my. Staying together. Smart."

"No one said we couldn't," Rick replied.

"You said you're a family. That's what you said. Absolutely amazing to me how people with completely different backgrounds and nothing in common can become that. Don't you think?" Deanna asked, looking at all of us.

"Everyone said you gave them jobs," Rick said to Deanna.

"Mm-hmm. Yeah. Part of this place. Looks like the communists won after all." Deanna nodded.

"Well, you didn't give me one," Rick said, leaning on the door.

"I have. I just haven't told you yet. Same with Michonne. I'm closing in on something for Sasha. And I'm just trying to figure Mr. Dixon out, but I will," Deanna said. "You look good." she nodded at Rick before leaving. Rick closed the door behind her.

===========================♛===========================