We arrive at Jessie's place and she comes running out to greet me and to help me with my bags, and by bags I mean she carried one bag and so did I, we left the rest for Tom, because what's the point of having muscles if you don't use them.

"Bestie!!" Jessi screeches and embraces me into a hug so tight, I'm almost certain she stopped my blood flow by holding onto me so tightly. "I missed you so much! I felt like half of me was missing! Come get inside, before we spoil the surprise."

Yet she shouted for the neighborhood to hear.

"Just so you know, I've made plans for us tonight." She says with a naughty smirk on her face and winks at me like I'm just ready for anything the day I landed. Does no one appreciate sleep anymore? Not that I was tired right now, but after this family dinner I might be.

It was definitely like Jessi to already have plans on top of plans. The girl always had ants in her pants, she's always on the go, I don't know how she does it, in college she would party till early hours of the morning and still make it in time for our lecture, looking as fresh as a daisy.

Mocking her I say "We already have plans remember? My mom's birthday? Or have you forgotten? Early on set Dementia setting in?"

She banters back "Don't be silly, of cause I know that, I'm talking about after that, the nights still going to be young don't tell me you're a grandma now who sleeps at 10 pm."

Should I tell her that I am indeed that grandma that sleeps at 9 pm actually? I mean who doesn't love sleep, but if I said that Jessi would be like *sleep when you're dead, live life while you're alive and young enough to do so.*

Tom finally catches up and brings the rest of my bags in.
"You brought so many bags? What the heck? Are you moving back or something ?" He sarcastically mocks me. The nerve of men.

"I need options, I don't know how long I'm planning to stay, I also like to look good Tom, it takes more than a jean and a top to look decent, guys just have it easy, I don't expect you to understand."

Jessi clears her throat to interrupt our mini-debate and to make her presence known, she says in her seductive alluring tone, placing her hand on his exposed shoulder.

"Hi, daddy! Looking fine as always. You know, you should come with us tonight, it'll be nice to hang out all of us together again." with a twinkle in her eye, that tells me that she's still head over hills for my brother.

"Yes please, I don't think I can keep up with Jessi by myself," I beg him

"I bet Thomas could without your help," Jessi smirks as if she's trying to bait him into admitting that he could very well handle her and honestly I don't know why I'm even in the presence of the two of them

Tom backs down which is so weird, is he shy? Or maybe because his little sister is in their presence and he knows I'd be super uncomfortable, don't get me wrong I'd be happy but still I'd prefer not seeing my brother macking on with my bestie, "Actually, I don't think I could." He says sheepishly

"You haven't even tried yet, it just takes practice Tommy, maybe you should start practicing so that sooner or later you'll be a pro at it." Jessi continues to flirt. She's determined when it comes to Tom, also mostly I think he gives her so much mixed signals that she's fishing to find out how he sees her.

"Good to see some things never change." I interrupt just in case things actually spark and they forget I'm here.

"And that is??" Jessi says with sarcasm in her tone.

"Still thirsty for my brother," I announce in case My brother is too oblivious.

"Have you seen him? He's a tall glass of water and I'm parched babes. What do you say, Thomas? Will you let me have a sip ?" Jessi says suggestively 

"I'm still here you know" Tom implies as if we didn't know. That's the whole point, because how is this man related to me and how is he this slow when it comes to someone who wants him?

"I'm afraid once we start, we won't be able to stop," Tom smirks in a way that sends chills down Jessi's spine and I could see goosebumps on her arm, which means the effect he has on her is so insane I feel like I'm gonna puke. I've seen Jessi flirt just not this excessively.

"Don't tease me with a good time! And what makes you think I want to stop ?" Jessi replies to him. Moving toward him till they were only mere centimeters away.

Okay, I'm definitely just in the way, I should leave before they start boning on the coffee table.

"Don't tempt me gorgeous.
That's my cue to leave in case I never do, I'll see you two later.
Dinner starts at 7 pm sharp, please don't be late." Tom gives us a look to suggest we are never on time and it'll be great if we stuck to the plan.

Tom leaves with a slightly deeper look into Jessi's eyes that leaves even me wondering will they, won't they and why haven't they.

I turn to Jessi with a sly smirk
"I see you're still pinning over Tom ?"

"You can't blame me, the man was sculpted by the angels. Someday I'll know what he tastes like." Jessi says with such longing in her eyes, I've always known she liked him since we were younger but I figured in the time I was gone maybe they would find their way closer to one another but it seems that's not the case.

"Ew! Ew! Ewwww!!! Stop! he's still my brother, and that's too much information." I shake the thoughts out of my mind. As much as I want my best friend and brother to end up together, so we could actually be sisters, I also cannot picture it too vividly. It just feels wrong.

"But on a serious note, why didn't you make your move in the last two years ?" raising my eyebrow.

"It's not from a lack of trying, because trust me I've been trying. I just think he sees me as his kid sister's annoying best friend and nothing more." She says with sadness as if she feels she will never be more to Him or that he probably doesn't take her seriously enough.

"We should change that then? I mean have you seen yourself? You're gorgeous and any guy would kill to have the chance, he's lucky you even want him"
we both burst into laughter, we know it's mostly because he's my brother, that I said that, but the truth is they're both a catch. I just wish they saw what I saw in them and the potential they could be, I know Jessi thinks the world of him. She would treat him how he deserves and vice versa and maybe part of me wishes they had each other while I wasn't around so I wouldn't feel as bad knowing they were all lonely and I'm the glue that keeps us all together. That just feels like a lot of responsibility for me.

"Honestly he's a catch too and someday I'm going to marry that man and have all his babies," Jessi confesses.

"I don't doubt that one bit, now let's get ready before we're late and Tom has a heart attack," I say jokingly to change the mood.