Chapter 38

George woke up the next morning with Willow in his arms. Something that he had missed so dearly for days. He was more than annoyed by the fact he had to let go eventually and wouldn't be able to be there for her for four days in a row, since he was leaving for the first race back after the summer break - Spa.

As he was mentally preparing everything he had to do before he had to head to the airport, Willow shifted a little in her sleep and opened her eyes soon after. Her head was on his chest and she moved it to look him in the eyes.

A raspy "morning" left Georges mouth after he pressed a kiss on her hair. "How are you feeling today?" he asked carefully and Willow cuddled up closer to him, her hands pulling herself closer by his waist. "Better" she answered and a big smile formed slowly on Georges face as his hand stroked her back.

They were both dreading getting up but when their stomaches started to audibly growl from hunger they decided it was time to make breakfast.

"You know that I talked to Carmen, right? Willow nodded while chewing on a bite of her breakfast. "I hope it's alright I told her, I figured she'd know best.." Georges voice started to shake as this whole topic was still making him nervous and this was the first time he was really talking to Willow about it. He just wanted to make sure not to say something wrong or insensible.

"It's fine, George. She's my best friend." Willow grabbed his hand and moved her thumb over his knuckles.

"Ok. So, she's coming over and staying with you while I'm away. I figured some company would be nice." George chuckled, not so secure in his decision anymore, until Willow gave him a comforting smile and said "Thats amazing, I wouldn't want to alone here if you're not with me."

"Good," George continued "and I-" he stuttered, "I think you should talk to someone, a professional." His eyes searched for hers but she had them lowered to her plate, that was now empty. She then slowly nodded, knowing he was right.

George reached over to grab her hand and regain her full attention. "It will be good to talk to someone. I understand you probably don't want to think about what happened that night and just forget it but thats not the right way to move on from this. Please just know that I will be there for you all way through it and it will be better after. Alright?"

They silently looked into each others eyes for a moment until Willow gave George an agreeing smile and he tugged on her hand that he was holding, pulling her onto his lap. George wrapped his arms around her when she was seated and pressed a few kisses to her temple and her cheek. "I love you. I'm sorry I have to leave, but I will be back Sunday evening." He felt Willow nod against his shoulder, "I love you".

Carmen arrived shortly after their conversation and George explained that he changed the sheets so Carmen could sleep together with Willow in her bed.

After thanking Carmen several times for staying with her, Willow joined them in the living room after gettin dressed. "No need to thank me, George. I would do anything for this girl," Carmen said as she placed her arm around Willows shoulder and they both giggled, a tiny bit of Georges worry disappeared and made it slightly easier for George to leave.

George carried his bags outside to put them into the trunk of the taxi and the hurried back to the door to say goodbye to the girls. He gave Carmen a hug and then turned to Willow. His left hand placed perfectly on the side of her face, while he moved the knuckles of his right hand over her arm to grab her hand and squeeze it tightly. Like this, he pulled her in for a kiss and then let go to wrap his arms around her and press her to his chest as nuzzled his head in her neck. "I'll be back soon, I love you." They didn't let go, rather stayed like this for quite some time until Willow loosened her grip and grabbed both his hands "I'll watch you race. Don't lose" she said with a wink "I love you" she continues and then raised herself to her tiptoes to press another kiss on his lips.

After watching the race together - where George got P2 and regained the championship lead - Carmen and Willow had some dinner after which Carmen left to make space for George in his bed again. "I love you, you know that" Carmen told Willow as they were saying good bye. "we made that appointment for Monday so tell me after how it went with the therapist, ok?" Willow nodded. "Everything will we alright, trust me. I love you," Willow just kept on nodding while slowly her eyes got watery. As Carmen noticed she pulled her closer into the hug and they stayed like this for a moment.

When Carmen left, Willow felt the exhaustion come over her. She quickly brushed her teeth, got changed and cuddled up in bed. Now only missing George. For a while she laid there, her hands on Georges empty side, impatiently waiting from him to come home, but when she glanced at the alarm clock once and it was still hours until George would arrive she decided closing her eyes for a while wouldn't hurt.

He tried his best to enter the bedroom quietly, but with George tired from his long day and the room being pitch dark it he was bound to crash into something. When the corner of the desk rammed into his upper thigh, a sharp "fuck" left his mouth. George quickly covered his mouth with his hand when he realized he could have woken up Willow and made his was into the bathroom to avoid any more unintentional noise.

A few minutes after George had laid down, he felt the bed shifting and Willow cuddled up to him so her head was on his chest and her arm wrapped around his torso. "Hi," George said with a low voice while running his fingers through her hair. "I missed you," Willow said back. They both listened to each others breathing for a while until Willow spoke up again, "I made an appointment" she hesitated, "for tomorrow". George was now drawing circles on her back "thats great, love, I'm proud of you". Willow let out a loud sigh. "I'm scared tho" she proceeded to say hesitantly. George let out a calm breath and pulled her closer "That's ok. It's ok to be scared. And it will get better. Trust me. Just let me know if there is anything, literally anything, I can do for you." Willow nodded and George placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Will you go with me?" Willow asked after another few minutes. "I will. Of course I will." George answered and with these words they both fell asleep.