Chapter 31

"It's great to see you in the paddock again, I'm guessing you and George worked it out?" Lando spoke to Willow as they ran into each other in front of the media pen. 

It was the media day of the 2022 Silverstone Grand Prix and Willow hadn't been at a race in over 6 months. Last time she had seen Lando was at Georges apartment, when he had his breakdown. 

"Yes, George and I are good again." Willow said and gave Lando a shy smile not knowing what else to say. She was already a little startled he spoke to her, since he looked like he was in a hurry and the last time they saw each other was also the first time they met. 

Lando curled his lips into a smile as well and then placed a hand on her shoulder, "well, I have to go, but I'm sure we'll see each other again this weekend." He winked at her before removing his hand from her shoulder and then heading off to the reporters for the interviews he had to attend. 

Willow was confused by Landos touchiness and as if she was glued to the floor, she remained in the exact same spot Lando had left her, staring after Lando, until she heard a lovely familiar voice and shook off the weird feeling that had come over her.

"There you are!" George's voice sounded in her ear as he wrapped his arms around her from behind and gave her a kiss on the cheek, "I'm done for the day, so we can head back to the hotel."

Willow turned around in his embrace to face him and after a peck on the lips she gave him a smile as a way of telling him she agreed with his plans to leave the paddock.

They had an early dinner in the hotel restaurant after George had taken a shower as soon as they were back in their room and were now laying in bed watching a movie. Willow had her head on Georges chest while he was running his fingers through her hair and twirling some strands around his index. 

Although Silverstone wasn't far from London, George insisted on staying at a hotel near the circuit, because he said it wouldn't feel like a race weekend other wise and therefore he wouldn't be able to get into focus. Willow didn't mind, she loved the change of scenery and sleeping in a different bed than hers or Georges for a change.

The movie the choose turned out to be quite boring so after a while Willow thoughts started wandering and she remembered her encounter with Lando from earlier in the day.

"I talked to Lando for a second today" she started and moved her head so she could look into Geroges eyes

"And...?" George said curiously, knowing Lando and Willow hadn't talked much before, while he kept massaging her scalp.

"It was nice, but he was a little...touchy" Willow spoke slowly. As she thought about it again, she couldn't tell anymore if Lando had really been flirting with her or she just took his friendly behavior the wrong way.

"Well then I'll have to have a serious talk with him tomorrow" George said in an outrage tone before chuckling to make sure she knew he was just joking.

"You'll have to excuse him, he doesn't have much experience with women, so he doesn't quite know the right way to act." 

Willow only shook her head in response to Georges joke. 

"It's already 11pm. Do you still want to finish the movie, it's not exactly my new favorite so I don't need to watch it to the end" Willow murmured as she already felt the sleepiness coming over her and was rubbing her eyes.

"Let's go to sleep. I can tell you're tired and I can barely keep my eyes open either" George agreed with a chuckle and grabbed the tv remote to turn off the tv.

After he turned off the lights with the switch right above his bedside table, their lips found each other in the dark and after a good night kiss they cuddled up to each other and fell asleep soon after.

Willow watched the practices from the garage, where she generally spent most of her time at the paddock. When she wasn't in the garage she was in Georges driver room. Since she just finished the first year of her master and was now in summer break she had decided it was the perfect time to begin the adventure of opening her own gallery. Through the bit of networking she had done in the last four year she had acquired a decent amount of contacts that could help her with her project but she was in desperate need of money to get the project started, so whenever she was in Georges driver room she was on the telephone with several bank trying to get a loan. Additionally, she was already looking for a location, but since she started working on this gallery-project three weeks ago, she had only gotten rejections.

As George entered his driver room after PF2, Willow was once again on the phone, pacing up and down the room, only letting out a "mhm" from time to time. 

While waiting fro her to finish her call, George got out of his racing suit and changed into his team wear - a black polo shirt with all of the sponsors on there, which he paired with white shorts and his black Mercedes cap.

"Ugh, this is robbing me of all my energy." Willow sighed after ending the call to which George opened his arms so she would come in for a hug.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't watch your second practice, but this bank occupied me for half an hour just to tell me they reject my inquiry." she nuzzled into his chest. 

George had his hand on the back of her head stroking it with his thumb. "Another rejection?" he said surprised after pressing a kiss on the top of her head and then cupping her face with both of his hands to look her into the eyes. "You know my offer still stands...I know you said you won't take money from me - and I get it, you want to do this on your own - but it would just be like any other loan. Just pretend I'm a bank. I mean you know I would love to just give you the money but you wouldn't take it so think about it...it would be just like any other loan from any other bank."

"George,...I appreciate it, but I really can't. There has to be another way. There are still some banks I haven't called. If I take your money, it feels like I'm giving up and I can't do that, I only just began. This is just a little hurdle along the way. Thank you though." Willow told George although her confident words were hiding all her worries and she had to force a smile on her face to make George believe her.