Chapter 34

„I can't believe the week is already over" Willow said as she closed the door to their hotel room and they rolled their luggage to the elevator.
„Me neither, it was a great week though" George agreed and pressed a kiss on her lips after he had pressed the right button in the elevator.

They checked out of the hotel and got outside to catch the bus to the tiny airport the island provided where they would take a water plane to a bigger island from where they would fly to London.

As they got off the plane at Heathrow Airport and George turned on his phone again after 10 hours several messages reached him all at once.

One specifically caught his eye. It was from Alex. He was asking if they, as in George and Willow, wanted to go out with him and Lando to celebrate the end of summerbreak.

George asked Willow and after she happily agreed to come, he texted Alex back, telling him they were in on his plan.

It was Friday now and Alex wanted to go out Saturday evening, which meant George and Willow had a day to get from their relaxed mood into party mood.

On Willows phone a not so positive message popped up. It was another rejection concerning her art gallery. She really tried to not let it affect her mood since the week had been so beautiful and she didn't want her good mood to be ruined already.

Exhausted from the flight, George and Willow fell into bed as soon as they arrived at George's place and slept until noon the next day.

Willow woke up to the smell of pancakes, which George was making downstairs, so she quickly looked through George's closet and pulled out one of his shirts to cover up since she was only wearing panties.

As they were eating the pancakes while watching some random episode of Friends, Willow told George about the latest rejection for a loan.

„Willow, I'm sorry. But you know, my offer still stands. Let me give you the loan. You will pay me back just like a bank, the only difference is I  trust you not like these stupid banks, thats say you're not trustworthy enough to give you a loan" he said with the sweet tone he always had, this time covering up his slight annoyance that she didn't want to take his money. He understood she didn't want to mix business and pleasure but at this point she was just missing out on all these opportunities to rent galleries because she was stuck waiting for some bank to give her money.

„I will go to one more bank and if they don't give me the money then I will take you up on your offer, alright? But today I don't want to think about that. Today we're going out to party." Willow told him and ended the conversation about that topic.

They stayed in front of the TV, just enjoying the rest of their undisturbed time together, until they had to get ready to go out.

They ordered dinner to eat at home before they would meet Alex and Lando at a bar and then relocate to a club.

Willow was wearing a mock-pleated silver mini a-line dress with long sleeves that were open along the side of her arm and George had put on his best looking pair of grey chinos and a white button down that he had left hanging over his pants.

Dressed up like this, they enjoyed their dinner standing around the kitchen island while particularly making sure not to stain any of their clothes with food.

In the car George put his hand on Willows thigh and she leaned over to peck his cheek. „I have a feeling this is going to be great night" Willow said as she pulled away again. George smiled at her as a way of agreeing and they were soon parked in front of the bar Alex and Lando were already waiting inside.

The couple joined the two at their table, who were already a few beers in as Willow noticed from the empty glasses standing on the table.

Together they drank two rounds of Long Island ice teas and another round of Gin and Tonics, while George drank the tonic without the Gin. He had been sober since he and Willow got back together and he deeply intended for it to stay like that.

The club they had planned to go to was only two block down from the bar so they walked there after they had payed for their pre-drinks.
George and Alex walked in the front - George obviously wasn't drunk and Alex only a tiny bit tipsy - while Alex told George about his possibilities to return to F1 in the 2023 season.

Willow and Lando walked behind them - both noticeably far more drunk then the boys in front of them. They had their arms around each other's shoulders and were holding onto the other while walking in zigzags, trying to keep up with the pace George and Alex demanded.

Willow didn't remember standing in a line or basically anything about how they got into the club but as she found herself at the bar with Lando she didn't care how she got there. They ordered two rounds of basil shots for each and after they were empty Lando grabbed her hand and pulled her onto the dance floor.

They hadn't noticed but George and Alex where stood next to them the whole time at the bar.
George ordered himself another Tonic while Alex signed him with his hands that he was heading to the toilets, because telling wouldn't work over the loud music.

George leaned with his back agains the bar, the Tonic in his right hand and his left in the pocket of his pants. Willow and Lando were dancing their hearts out to I Love It by Icona Pop just a few meters ahead of George. He watched them - their faces illuminated by the blue and pink lights, Willows hair following her movements, their body's looking like they were dancing in slow motion due to the shutter lights. As George took in the view of the girl he felt so much love for dancing like no one was watching a smile formed on his lips and he almost couldn't believe that this was his life, his future - that she had come back to him after he had screwed up so badly.

He was ripped out of his thoughts as Willow suddenly appeared right in front of him, her hands holding onto the fabric of his shirt around his biceps to stand in front of him without falling to the left of right.

She loosened her grip from one of his arms and grabbed the strap of her bag that she was wearing across her body and removed it over her head to hand George the bag so he could hold it for her while she was dancing. He took the bag and put it across his body and then grabbed Willows elbows to support her since she wasn't the most stable but she was enjoying herself.

Willow swung her arms around his neck and lifted herself to her tiptoes while George wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in.

„This Is the best night of my life" Willow screamed over the loud music and pressed a sloppy kiss on George's lips before removing herself form his embrace and heading back to Lando on the dance floor where they were now playing Call on Me.