Chapter 17

Perfectly on time George rang her bell on Tuesday at 11.

Willow quickly grabbed her bag and locked her door behind her before rushing downstairs.

George had kept everything about the day they were about to have secret so Willow had no clue how to dress appropriately.
She ended wearing a pair of wide-legged beige linen pants paired with another white mini tee and a pair of white sneakers.

Her brown hair was falling over her shoulders but she took a claw clip with her, to be able to get it out of her face if necessary.

She had kept most of her jewelry including her watch on, hoping George hadn't planned anything were they would get wet, although it would have been refreshing on that hot September day.

George was leaning against side of his car and opened the door for her as soon as she came out of the building.

They shared a hug, embracing each other a little longer than just a casual greeting, enabling Willow to smell his perfume on his neck. That scent of burned wood that she knew from the sweater he had given her made her feel things. It was sexy but also immediately made her feel more calm.
It was only their second real date so a bit of nervousness was expected, especially because she had no clue what was to come.

As they were both sat down and George was about to start the car. Willow reached for his arm to stop him from pressing the start button.

"I wanted to congratulate you on your first points. Your first points for Williams." she said in a lesser confident manner.

"You watched the race?" George said looking at her in awe, completely taken by surprise.

"I sure did. Form start to finish."

George was at a loss of words. All he could do was look at her smiling. He didn't expect it to mean so much to him but knowing that she turned on the TV and sat down to watch him race was getting him even more excited to spend almost a whole day with her.

It was dumb of him to wait so long to text her. It seemed like she was just as much into him as he was into her.

"And I have a little present for you" she said, getting excited now to give it to him.

"A present?" George asked curiously. Her showing she was invested in this made him like her a thousand times more if that was even possible. To be frank, he was already pretty much obsessed with her.

"Just a little one, more sentimental than expensive" Willow said as she opened her bag to get it out.

She handed him two 1 pence coins. Old ones but perfectly polished. They had a different motive on the back than all of the usual ones so they were actually quite rare.

"One for each point" Willow explained as George turned them in his hand to look at the motives. "They can also be lucky coins if you want them to." she added.

"That's...wow. Thank you, Willow! I love it." George said as he put them into his wallet after taking all of the other coins out.

He put his wallet away again and turned back to Willow who was leaning towards him on the armrest between them.

"Really, thank you!" he repeated moving his face slowly closer to hers

"Nothing to thank, I'm glad you like it!"

Willows words were cut off by George's lips joining with hers.