ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

❀❀❀❀❀
"(L/n), this is the third time this lesson that you weren't paying attention. Start focusing and pay attention. If you don't, you can stay here this afternoon, detention." With that, the teacher turned around again, writing a few things down on the board, adjusting her glasses with a sigh.

While his classmates started to chatter and giggle about the lecture he had just been given, the (h/c) haired male still couldn't bring himself to focus properly. The image of the crying Chihiro was burned into his brain, making him feel guilty whenever he began to drift off.

'I wonder what she wanted to tell me... What if it was something really important...?' Taking a deep breath, he forced himself to look at the board. 'No, it's not like she has some deadly disease that will kill her soon... Right? Right?! No, she wouldn't be so embarrassed about it.'

His head turned towards the window besides him. It was a rainy day, so it would've been good if he had his jacket with him. But unfortunately, the warm piece of clothing was still with the Ultimate Programmer, who probably would hate him if he just came to get his jacket.

The bell rang, signaling the end of the lesson as he stood up. Before he could walk out though, the teacher cleared her throat, mentioning him to come over to her desk. Holding back a groan of annoyance, the reserve course student quickly packed his things and walked over.

"(L/n), even after I told you to pay attention, you kept daydreaming, or whatever you did. Is there something going on at home that makes you worried?" Even though the slightly old female seemed harsh, she still cared about her students. (T/n)-sensei (teacher's name) was one of his favorite teachers.

"No, (t/n)-sensei. I got in a fight with a friend and I can't stop thinking about it, I'm sorry." Out of respect, the (h/c) haired male bowed to his teacher, feeling somewhat sorry for not paying attention to the things she was teaching them.

"I'm sorry to hear that, (l/n), but I can't let that slide. I will have to give you an hour of detention, please return to the classroom after all your classes finished." He nodded, letting out a sigh. "I will, (t/n)-sensei." With that, he left the room.

Even though the food that he had brought with him for lunch wasn't bad at all, the reserve course student couldn't really swallow anything. The guilt of Chihiro crying because of him was still too much for him to act is if nothing had ever happened.

So instead of eating, he returned to the classroom earlier and starred out of the window, desperate for the day to finally be over. The last two hours seemed like an eternity to him. 'If I slept now, what would happen? I already have detention today. But... I better not risk anything.'

And even though they seemed like an eternity to him, he still didn't want class to be over yet. There wasn't really a teacher that he hated, but having to stay in a classroom, alone with a teacher that was watching him was definitely not something he liked to do.

While (y/n) was spending his free time with detention, the Ultimate Programmer was brushing off his skirt, hesitantly exiting his dorm room. He didn't like that he and his closest friend had a kind of fight going on between them. Maybe he should pay (y/n) a visit. If only he knew where he lived.
❀❀❀❀❀