𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟓: 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫

ابدأ من البداية

I nodded, a wide smile coming onto my face. I never knew saying these next words would bring so much light and happiness to me.

"I'm going back," I confirmed.

༺═──────═༻

Jade rash drove me towards the mansion which I surprisingly knew the directions to. She yelled at people and cars to move out of the way and I wanted nothing more than to calm her down. But after a while, her being a handful was rubbing off on me and I too felt the need to scream.

But I contained myself, storing that energy to God knows what.

Jade stopped when I told her to right in front of the mansion gates. Her eyes popped out of her sockets as she stopped in front of the mansion.

"Holy guacamole." She muttered, gazing at the huge mansion.

"Yeah," I said and panicked slightly the peek of nervousness flowing through me.

Jade tore her wide green eyes from the mansion and looked at me, a sad smile coming on her face, "So this is where we part again?"

I returned her look, "Yeah."

We hugged each other, exchanged a few words before I reluctantly stepped out of the car.

I gazed at the mansion in front of me and took in a deep breath before collecting my gut and stepping towards the gates.

This is how I throw my chance at having a normal life.

This is it.

༺═──────═༻

After finding a way of entering the mansion without alerting the wolves that there was an intruder, I strutted towards the throne room where I'm pretty sure King Alpha and the rest would be.

Nervousness and anxiousness pricked at my skin and each step I took felt like a great deal. I kept reminding myself that my purpose here is to get Amber out and save the crown from getting into the wrong hands. Also to protect my baby. Also because I can't bear the thought of King Alpha "marrying" her.

I heard voices that made my skin prickle with more anxiousness. The door of the throne room lay wide open, but I didn't have the guts to go and stand there.

What if I mess up? What if I fail?

My hand traced my flat stomach again and I sucked in a deep breath, making up my mind.

I'm going to take that Amber witch down.

I'm going to claim my place back.

And I'm going to slap the hell out of King Alpha once he gets back into his senses.

Making up my mind, despite so much unsureness, I let my feet carry me to the huge threshold of the throne room.

Almost immediately, all the nervousness and anxiousness melted away into a puddle beneath me at the sight of King Alpha. He stood near his throne with his hands on the waist of the blonde girl I came to despise now. Something glinted beside them on a stand, and I realized it was a crown.

Lucretia's crown.

The diamonds embedded on the crown shone brightly with a sort of ghostly attraction pulling me towards me.

Horror filled me. He's going to give her the crown.

I looked around to see literally every werewolf in the mansion now gathered here in front of King Alpha. This could only mean one thing. King Alpha and Amber are getting married.

He was looking straight into her eyes, waiting for something, and all I could feel in my body was pure rage now.

I stepped into the throne room, my steps firm and large.