𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐: 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐬

| CHAPTER 32: ALL ABOUT THAT BASS |

"Why are you always so ready to help us?" I asked getting into the car in the passenger seat.

Katia smiled, "My life is pretty boring right now."

"Won't you get in trouble?" I asked as Levi got in the backseat, looking more excited than I am.

She shrugged, "Nothing will happen to me even if I did."

"Oh right, big immortals who can't be killed except by a stupid dagger," I stated dryly, strapping my seatbelt on.

"Exactly," she smiled, "ready?"

"Yup," Levi grinned.

༺═──────═༻

Katia parked her cherry red vintage car in the huge empty parking lot at the back of the Derek towers from where that Jo lady told me to go from to escape King Alpha.

"This is it," Katia said, turning off the ignition.

"So how are we going to find Collin?" I asked, getting out of the car along with the rest.

"You said he was in some kind of a hospital-looking room with tubes in him, right?" Levi asked.

I nodded.

"Then he must be in the medical laboratory." He said adjusting his weapon belt.

"How do you know that?"

He shrugged, "I've been in a couple of meetings here with King Alpha."

"Okay now," Katia called us, "the magic."

"Right," I stepped towards her along with Levi.

The empty night sky stretched over us with a deafening silence. If anyone looked at us, we'd be seen as three tiny ants in this huge parking lot.

"So whatever Katia's gonna do, makes us invisible, right?" I asked, placing one of my hands in one of Katia's outstretched ones.

"Indeed." She replied taking Levi's hand in her other hand.

She clasped our hands tightly in hers. Her hands were soft and warm, seeming as if she oils them every second.

Katia inhaled and closed her eyes. A look of concentration masked her face as she seemed to be concentrating.

A few seconds passed and when she opened her eyes. Instead of the bright blue colour, a sheen of gold covered her irises.

It only lasted for a few seconds though, before the colour faded and her blue eyes came clear.

She unclasped mine and Levi's hands. Her lips lined with a smile.

"All done."

"Done?" I asked in disbelief, raising my hands and looking at them.