𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟗: 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐚𝐯𝐚 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

| CHAPTER 49 : PALE SKINS AND LAVA EYES |

It was the next day with the clock showing 7 in the night.

King Alpha and I still haven't spoken a word to each other and didn't even sleep in the same room. Drew said we were acting like children and then earned a hard glare from King Alpha.

I didn't really want to see Katia, but I went to her anyway and asked her for a dress telling her about where I'm going. She smiled and took me into her room, making me sit on a chair near her dressing table.

"Vampire club is one of the high-five clubs in the city. You'll need something absolutely exotic if you want to blend in good." she rummaged through her closet.

I shrugged.

"I think you'll need to wear something red."

She went through her huge wardrobe.

After a load of time, a question popped in my mind which I voiced out before even letting it settle in.

"Katia?"

"Mmm?"

"What did you want in return for me accepting your deal?"

She looked busy, "What?"

A crease settled between my eyebrows, "When King Alpha marked me, you came to me talking about how you wanted something from me in a deal."

She paused and turned around towards me, "Yes, I did."

"What was it that you wanted?"

She smiled, giving a small shrug, "You wanted a normal life and I wanted Roxy to love me. So I was going to ask you to give all your magic to me."

I blinked in shock, "What?"

She shrugged, "It seemed reasonable as normal people didn't have magic."

I stared at her for a while, not believing she actually wanted to take away my powers before shaking my head, "how does taking my powers make Roxy fall in love with you?"

She sighed at that and shook her head, "You don't need to know that, Ez."

"You're trying to make a love potion or something?"

She let out a small laugh, "Nah, no one's ever made a love potion in real life," she turned back towards her wardrobe, "that's only in TV."

Before I could ask another question, she turned towards me again with a dark red dress in her hands.

"Found the perfect thing." She beamed before making me stand and ushered me into her washroom to change.

I looked at the small flimsy material in my hand and gulped. I've never worn something this short in my entire life.