𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟑: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

Deciding to just sleep it off, I dragged myself to the couch and forced myself to sleep.

A few hours later, the slamming of a door jolted me from my sleep and I turned my sleepy eyes to Jade who entered the house.

"Yo!" She greeted.

"Hey."

"Did you eat my chips?" She narrowed her eyes at me.

"They're as safe as ever," I responded reassuringly.

"Good." She rushed up the stairs and rushed back down without her bag.

She grabbed her large packet of chips from the pantry and flopped beside me.

"You look sick," she noticed.

"It's from sitting all day and doing nothing," I reassured.

"When are you coming back to school?" Jade asked, crunching her chips between her teeth, "I miss walking around the hallways with you."

I shrugged, not meaning to look blank, "I'm thinking of joining soon."

She nodded before going silent.

"So um..." she looked down at her chips, "when is this Levi guy coming again?" She inspected one of the chips as if trying to find a tiny rabbit living on it.

I shrugged, "I don't know," I answered, "Why?"

She shook her head, "No reason."

A second passed.

Another.

Then another.

I pounced on her with a battle cry coming out of my lips that sent us rolling off the couch and tumbling to the ground.

I pinned her with my hands gripping hers to the ground. Lucky for the fluffy carpet below or else someone would have been seriously injured.

"Tell me!" I demanded, straddling her body now.

"My chips!" She yelled.

"Tell me!" I demanded again.

"You killed my chips!" She avoided my eyes.

"Do you like Levi?"

"I like my chips and you killed them!" She glared but didn't meet my eyes.

"Tell me!" I forced a stricter tone.

"You will pay for this!" She scowled.

"DO YOU LIKE LEVI?"

"I LIKE MY CHIPS AND I LIKE LEVI."

"I KNEW IT!"

"GET OFF ME!"

I rolled off her before laughing hard to myself while Jade picked up her crushed packet of chips that we rolled over while falling off the couch.

She scowled at me.

"He's a hundred-year-old werewolf just so you know," I said, smirking.

"Says the one who shagged a seven-hundred-year-old one."

I glared, "That was uncalled for."

"Oh right," she looked almost apologetic, "you're trying to forget him. Got it."

"Levi's a nice guy." I teased.

"Mhmm." She started observing her chips again.

"You met him only once though. He almost gave you a concussion by jumping on you."

"Oh yeah? I wouldn't know 'cos I wasn't the one under him." She replied dryly.

I slapped the back of her head which she returned by slapping my face in return.

"So when is he coming back?" Jade demanded, looking like an angry troll now.

"I don't know." I threw my hands up, "his timing isn't scheduled in my head."

She gave a nod and started eating her tiny pieces of chips.

Jade has always been serious about her crushes and whenever she has one it usually lasts for a lifetime. I remember her having a crush on Cole since forever. And now Levi?

This just got interesting.

I turned to Jade with a teasing look and wiggled my eyebrows at her. She grabbed a handful of chips and launched it at my face. I closed my eyes as the chips hit my face then fall to the floor.

This is the reason her house is never clean.

I grabbed a pillow from the couch and smacked her face in return.

The following hours went by us talking about nonsense and nothing in particular, followed by another round of slapping and smacking each other.

I was feeling sick again and Jade made soup for me and forced it down my throat even if I yelled at her that the damn thing was freaking boiling hot!

Her parents were back home showering their daughter and me with kisses and hugs.

At the end of the night, Jade was snoring beside me on her bed with me wide awake, unable to sleep a wink.

I caught my finger tracing the tattoo on my arm and cursed. I would often catch myself absentmindedly tracing the tattoo on my arm and would snap myself out of it.

I would catch myself thinking back to Saludom and thought what must be going on right now over there? Is everything still the same as ever? Are the warriors still training and bickering like they do?

A deep sigh came out of my lips.

I should really stop thinking about everything.

I'm no longer a part of that. I'm exiled and threatened never to be seen again.

I need a really good distraction if I really want to stop thinking about King Alpha and everyone else.  

A hand smacked straight on my face. I grimaced, before peeling Jade's hand off my face and placing it beside me. I turned on my side and looked at her small figure huddled in the mass of
pillows and blankets.

Jade was the type of person who would always say 'if people give you a hard them, you pinch them on the butt'.

I would like to pinch myself on the butt because I'm the only one giving myself a hard time by unsuccessfully forgetting about everything.

A sudden motivation washed over me with the realization that I definitely did need a really good distraction.

That's why I'm joining school. Tomorrow.

◃───────────▹

Date: 3rd September 2021