𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟑: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

"Diego?" I asked, my mouth dropping open, "What are you doing here? I almost shit my pants!"

No one was at home except me. Jade was at school and her parents were at work.

A greeting smile came on his red lips, "I'm extremely sorry but I had something to tell you."

"What?"

"Please sit down first." He motioned to the couch in front of him.

I reluctantly went ahead and sat down.

"What happened?" I asked, gazing at his tall and muscular figure which made the living room look ten times smaller.

"We had a deal remember," he stated, "I'd let you bond with me and instead I'd get your brother back for you?"

My heart clenched at the thought of Collin, "Yeah." 

"Well, I did go to the Derek Towers to retrieve your brother and I did try my best, despite you haven't been able to give my vampires and I, our venom back, but the problem is..." he scratched the back of his neck.

"What? What happened?" I asked.

An uneasy look crossed his face, "Collin seems to have escaped a long time ago and is now missing."

My heart drummed faster. My mouth parted open, "What?"

"According to the warlocks there, Collin managed to escape and is now disappeared."

I blinked in shock at first, then because I didn't know what to say, "How long did he escape?"

"Say about...a week?"

"A week?" My voice sounded empty.

He gave a nod.

Collin was out for a week? And he didn't come to find me...?

A feeling of sadness washed over me as my chest hurt.

"I just thought I'd inform you," Diego said, "are you okay?"

I gave a nod, not meeting his eyes.

"Well then," he stood up, "I better be leaving."

"Don't let the sun burn you on the way out," I mumbled half-heartedly.

He gave a small chuckle, "The sun doesn't burn me anymore, dear." With that, he was gone as if he was never here in the first place.

I sat in the living room all alone to myself in the silence. I didn't feel like eating anymore.

Collin escaped and didn't come to find me? What if he did and I never knew about it? But he would come to Jade to ask her if I had been here or not. And he did not.

I sat on the couch, wallowing to myself about this whole thing.

Maybe I should just really leave everything behind and start new.

No Collin. No King Alpha. No Saludom. No witches. No nothing.

I got my amazing best friend here and her supportive parents. I'll start going to school, get a job, graduate to college and start a new happy normal life.

Drew was right, I should start enjoying my life.

I should just really leave everything behind and start new. Whatever happens at Saludom, whatever happens at Derek towers, whatever happens at Bloodlust is really not my concern in any way.

A sudden sickness washed over me, and I had to rush into the nearby bathroom to throw up into the toilet. I didn't even eat anything. My head started dizzying and I remembered the same feeling occurring to me during the party the warriors had when King Alpha had left.