𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟐: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Now you can finally stop thinking about this all and continue your life. Go to school, make friends, grow up and all that." He started sounding like a dad at this point.

He turned towards me with a smile when the traffic light went red, "You'll finally get your normal life that you always wanted."

I thought about what he said.

Am I finally cut off from Saludom? From the werewolves? From King Alpha? I've always wanted this since the day King Alpha kidnapped me from my apartment.

My apartment.

"I don't wanna go back to my apartment though." I bit my lip, "There's still no Collin and that apartment reminds me too much."

A grin spread across Drew's face, "Good thing I wasn't taking you there in the first place."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "What do you mean?"

He stayed silent but smiling as he continued driving.

After a while, I started recognizing the neighborhood and the surroundings. This all looks familiar. Why does it look familiar? Why the hell everything looks so familiar?!

A feeling of excitement crossed my chest when I realized why everything looks so familiar.

Jade's house.

"You brought me to Jade?" I exclaimed, wide-eyed as I gazed at her brown and white painted house.

"Yup." Drew grinned, cutting off the engine.

A smile started lining on my lips at the sight of my best friend's house.

But that soon cut off, "What am I going to tell her? I can't just waltz in there and announce that I'm going to be living with her."

Drew shrugged, "Your wish. I thought spending time with someone close might help you forget about King Alpha."

My chest tightened at his name.

I'm at my best friend's house. That should loosen me up right.

I'm at my best friend's house!

"Why don't you go knock on the door and see?" Drew suggested, jerking his head in the direction of the door.

My palms turned sweaty as I slowly clambered down the car and walked towards Jade's house. I stepped up the porch steps and towards her door. I turned my head towards Drew and he gave an encouraging smile. My finger hovered hesitantly on the doorbell before I finally pulled myself together and pushed the doorbell twice.

Seven seconds. I counted.

I waited seven seconds.

Seven seconds until the door flew open with an annoyed-looking Jade standing in front of me.

"I swear if you don't-! Ezlynn?" Her eyes widened as her mouth dropped open at the sight of me.

My chest swelled up looking at her petite frame clad in an oversized hoodie and shorts. Her green eyes turned darker under the evening sun with her brown hair pulled into a messy ponytail. Oh god how much I missed her.

Without warning, she threw her arms around me and squeezed me to her.

"I swear I'm going to freaking kill you, bish!" She yelled making me laugh. Tears formed at the brink of my eyes, and I tried blinking them back, "If you don't give me a proper explanation, I'm gonna skin you alive and torture it out of you."

That kind of sounds like what King Alpha would-I should stop.

Warmth filled my chest with Jade's arms around me and I almost wanted to sob. How long has it really been without my best friend? This felt so warm, real and normal.