𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟏: 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

ابدأ من البداية

"I'm trying but I don't know how. King Alpha wouldn't even help me. he wants to get rid of it instead."

"Ah, that little twat," Diego rolled his eyes, "he just hates everyone and everything."

"Except himself." I quipped.

Levi grinned at that.

"You need someone to teach you how to channel your magic," Diego said.

"No shit, Sherlock. But who?"

He shrugged, "Drew? Katia?"

"Right..." I haven't thought about them. I know Drew would be ecstatic to teach me something that'll anger and annoy King Alpha. Drew was just born to annoy King Alpha.

"So you've not done magic since our encounter at all?" Diego rubbed his forehead, tiredly.

I felt like a kid who didn't turn up with his homework, "No..."

"Ezlynn, last night, another one of my guys died. We can't survive without our venom, and I can't create more vampires."

"You can't seriously expect me to be all expert in that. We don't even know if I am a witch or not."     

"Time will tell."

"It better be quick," I reply.

"We'll see."

A moment of silence passed.

"Well," Diego stood up, "seeing that I've paid my visit. I'll leave now," he nodded his head in my direction, then nodded in Levi's direction too before walking past him and out the door.

I had my arms crossed on my lap, a frown on my face.

"You'll get there," Levi spoke.

"Yeah..." I said, uneasily.

"I mean I know-" he stopped abruptly; his head raised with a frown as if he heard something.

He stayed in that position for a few seconds.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Wha-?"

"Shh!"

I clamped my mouth shut and continued giving him a confused look.

I tried listening to whatever he was listening to, but I couldn't hear a damn thing. A feeling that something wrong was going to happen settled deep within my chest. Something dark, uneasy and disturbing.

Levi's eyes suddenly widened and snapped towards me with a look of horror on his face.

My heart pounded loudly at his face as I stood up from the couch, "What...?"

"You need to go." Levi rushed towards me and grabbed my hand, pulling me behind him and into the hallways.

"What happened-?"

He hissed suddenly, his hands flying up to his head as he crumpled to the floor in agony on his knees.

My eyes widened as I crouched down to his level, my hand on his shoulder, "Levi? What's wrong? What happened?"

His eyes were squeezed shut as if someone were tightening a tight rope around his head.

"You...need...to run." Levi gritted his teeth, his face constricted of pain.

"What's wrong-?"

Hands grabbed my shoulder making me scream.

I was face to face with Drake who had an unpleasant look on his face.

"Drake-? Levi, something is wrong with Lev-"

"I'm sorry, Ez." He spoke lowly with a look of sorrow.