axtar

A/n: hey guys welcome to the first chapter of my lost in space fanfiction this is my first story so please be nice and let me know if there are any spelling mistakes  you want me to fix.

Y/ns POV

I woke up to my best friend Amy shaking me wake. "Stop can't you see I'm trying to sleep here?" I ask with visible sarcasm
"Wake up we got to head back to the RESOLUTE!!" She shouted.
I shoot up and scramble past Alaska my robot that was in the main room to head to the bathroom.
Ahh the resolute, it was the ship we were scheduled to head back to after 2 years of living on Axtar. Axtar was a planet predicted to not be habitable due to it being the coldest planet around us, so the resolute decided to send the smartest kids to the planet to do reaserch on habitability. Aka dumbest idea EVER. Let me explain , they sent five kids down ,1 died from the landing and another two from frostbite. Making me and Amy the last ones left and it's been like that for 1 year and a half.

I got ready, slipped into my space suit and heading to the pantry for coffee.

I take a sip and it was suprisingly cold meaning the heat systems have shut down. As soon as I realize that Amy shouts at me through the coms to get ready for takeoff .I didn't even realize it was time to so I sprinted and dumped my coffee in the sink , stupid me wanted to save it for later but here we are. I don't heasitate to run faster when I hear the computer say t-minus 5 minutes to launch from the cockpit, I run to my chair put on my helmet , strap in and begin to check all system to make sure everything goes right.