WandaVision AU pt.3

Now, I was going to show you a story following another character. But, I found another story that was way more interesting. Perhaps we can follow the other character, another time. For now, let's watch a sixteen year old Morrigan Crow build herself a new life with her magical powers.  

When Morrigan woke up, she found herself on a green couch. There was a pale yellow blanket that was draped over her. Where am I? She thought to herself. How did I get here?

"Morrigan!" a sweet voice filled with joy and love called out from another room, "Can you get the door? I think it's Hawthorne and Cadence."

Morrigan smiled to herself. Of course! She was at home with her mother! And her two best friends were coming over today, so they could study for a school test. Morrigan got up from the couch and walked to the door. Then, she opened it.

"Hello-" she began, but stopped when she realized that the person at the door wasn't Cadence and Hawthorne.

Standing at the door was a tall man in a brown suit. He was pale and had ash brown hair, with grey hair coming in at the temples. His eyes were dark and he wore wire-rimmed glasses. He was wearing a kind smile and holding a container that had five succulents lined up in it.

"Ah, you must be Ms. Crow," he said.

"Yes," Morrigan replied in a confused tone.

Who is this man and why does he know my name? Morrigan thought to herself.

"I'm Mr. Jones," he said, as if reading he had heard her thoughts, "I met your mother at the store the other day. She told me all about you and how you were coming to live with her soon."

"Oh," Morrigan responded; relaxing a little bit.

"Speaking of your mother," he said, "Is she home? I wanted to drop off this gift as a way of thanking her for her lovely gardening advice."

"Oh, yeah. She's in the kitchen."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Morrigan stepped aside so the man could come into the house. Morrigan told him that the kitchen was straight ahead and he thanked her before he walked in. Afterwards, Morrigan walked over to the couch. She realized that the yellow blanket was still there; so she decided to fold it and take it to her room. After all, she wanted the house to be presentable for her guests. As she folded the blanket, she could hear her mother and Mr. Jones voices floating out of the kitchen. They were talking about more gardening tips and the different stores around the town. Morrigan barely paid attention to what they were saying. It's just that she found it soothing to hear her mother's voice and know that she was nearby. I've missed her, said a thought, springing up from the back of her mind. Why did things have to end the way it did?

What does that mean? Morrigan thought to herself. Everything has been fine. Her parents split years ago, but she has always been able to spend as much time as she wanted with the both of them. It was true that Morrigan wasn't as close with her father as she was with her mother, and that he had remarried a few years ago and had the twins. But there was nothing bad about those things, right? So where did that thought come from? Morrigan shook her head. It's nothing, she told herself.

Morrigan finished folding the blanket, and walked up the stairs. She went to her bedroom, and placed the blanket on the edge of her bed. Then, she went into the bathroom so she could look at herself in the mirror. She looked presentable, so she was happy. She went back downstairs and sat on the couch while she waited for her friends to arrive. A few minutes later, Mr. Jones and her mother walked out of the kitchen, and began to head to the front door. Mr. Jones noticed her and paused.

"It was nice meeting you, Miss Crow," he said as he gave her a kind smile.

"You too," she replied and gave him a kind smile back.

Morrigan's mother walked him to the door and said goodbye to him. When she was done, she turned around to face Morrigan.

"Will your friends be here soon?" she asked.

"I believe so," Morrigan replied.

"Okay," she said, "Let me know if you guys get hungry. I can make something to eat."

"Thanks mom," Morrigan responded with a smile.

This scene is getting a little bit boring. So how about we switch it up a bit? Let's go back to the Crow house so I can show you what's going on outside of Morrigan's version of Nevermoor. Oh, I just remembered I cut this scene off. Don't worry, you're not going to miss much. Morrigan's pals will arrive in a few minutes and study. Blah, blah, blah, boring nonsense. In my opinion, this next part is more interesting.