Ezra the Boy meets Squall the Monster PT. 2

Good evening everyone! I'm your host, Andromeda the Watcher. Tonight, we have some breaking news! A fifteen-year-old, Morrigan Crow variant, has slain the great Rumplestiltskin. Also known as the one controlling the timeline. While it might seem like she made a good decision, she made a decision that has dire consequences. Be careful everyone, we are now entering the multiverse.

The older Ezra tilted his head to the side and looked at him.

"I need you to tell me what happened before you stepped into this alleyway."

Young Ezra was still wary of older Ezra. Which was weird. Why would you be afraid of yourself? Young Ezra did not know the answer to this question. All he knew was that he should get away as far as he could from older Ezra. However, it seemed like older Ezra knew what he was thinking. The older Ezra sighed and began to speak again.

"I'm probably your best chance at finding your way home," he said.

Young Ezra sighed before speaking.

"I was walking through Nevermoor," he began, "I blinked. All of a sudden, everyone and everything looked different. There were new stores, people were wearing bright stuff with different patterns."

"And you just blinked?" Older Ezra asked, "You weren't trying to change anything around you?"

"No," Young Ezra replied.

"Hmm," Older Ezra responded.

He tilted his head and looked up at the sky. Young Ezra realized that he was thinking again. A few moments of silence passed before older Ezra spoke again.

"I think it's best if you come with me," he said.

Young Ezra did not see what other choice he had. He nodded and followed the man out of the alleyway. Together, they walked through the streets of Nevermoor. Everything looked the same as it had earlier: new stores, people with a different style of fashion then young Ezra was used to, etc. Young Ezra was amazed by it all. A few times, he wandered off to look at advertisements or observe the new stores. Older Ezra watched him carefully. After all, he was worried the boy would accidentally wander into the street.

"Why don't we grab you something to eat?" Older Ezra asked him.

"Okay," Young Ezra replied.

The pair continued to walk for a few more minutes. Eventually, Older Squall stopped in front of a restaurant named Sofia's. Older Ezra insisted on them dining there. Inside, they were seated by a lovely waitress named Odelle. Older Ezra charmed the waitress almost immediately. After a couple of minutes of chatting, older Ezra decided to order food for young Ezra.

"Now, I won't be getting anything for myself because I already ate something earlier. But my son wants Blueberry pancakes," he flashed a kind smile at younger Ezra, "You still like those, right Ezra?"

Young Ezra could only nod. Afterwards, the waitress left. The pair sat in silence, and looked at everything but each other. Young Ezra was still trying to process the fact that the older version of himself was acting as if he was his father. Meanwhile, older Ezra was humming a tune as he stared out the window next to him. The restaurant was empty and quiet. However it was very cozy with it's soft booths, wide windows, wooden tables, and the smell of blueberry pancakes. Young Ezra found himself wishing that the waitress would come back sooner. He still did not trust his older self. He was positive that something bad was about to happen. He could just feel it.

Later on, the waitress came back with young Ezra's blueberry pancakes.

"Enjoy!" she said in a bubbly voice.