11 🎵 Search Party

_________________________________________

WARNING! MATURE CONTENT!

_________________________________________

DARIA

My mind was in disarray as the concert reached its end. When the audience demanded an encore, Hot Chaos performed another song while throwing some merch in the crowd. Not once did Kiyo sweep his gaze in our direction, but I concealed myself by hiding behind Bam and her crew of fangirls. Honey? She called him honey?

The cameraman continued to focus on Juhyeon, much to the audience's delight. There was an uncomfortable twist inside my chest as I stared at the screen with Juhyeon's and Kiyo's face being broadcasted side by side. Admittedly, they really matched each other.

Then, what about the kisses that we shared? Was he just carried away at the heat of the moment? Perhaps it was my fault; I shouldn't have initiated kissing him.

When the lights in the stadium switched on and the people started moving toward the exit, I snapped out of my daze as Bam linked her arm with mine and beamed at me. Her fangirl crew was walking ahead of us, still elated with our VIP concert experience. Everyone was on high spirits, so I forced myself to smile and ignore the heavy weight in my heart.

"Daria! Daria! Daria!" Bam repeatedly called out my name and giggled afterward. Judging by the bounce on her steps, this ball of energy wouldn't be able to sleep later.

"What? What? What?" I said playfully, copying her.

"You have to come with us," she said. "We know where their after party is!"

I stiffened, and my smile slightly faltered when I suddenly thought of Juhyeon. She would certainly be there. Just imagining her clinging to Kiyo was making my chest constrict painfully.

"I-I think I'll pass," I stuttered. "I still have to go to work early tomorrow."

"Just call in sick! Didn't you notice? Kiyo was always glancing at our side. He might be interested in one of us," she teased and winked at me. "If we're lucky, we can get a picture with him in the after party!"

"Sorry, I really need to be early tomorrow."

Bam tilted her head and stared at me with a careful gaze, making me self-conscious. "Hmm. I think it was you."

"W-what?"

She gave me a playful grin and nudged me. "I think it was you whom Kiyo was looking at the entire time! He even grabbed your hand!"

My lips twitched upward instantly when I remembered Juhyeon grabbing Kiyo's hand. "It was just fanservice. Perhaps he was looking at Juhyeon, not me."

"Oh, please." Bam rolled her eyes as we exited the stadium. "She grabbed his hand while he was holding your hand. Even Kiyo was surprised to see that girl there."

I was about to respond when my phone rang. Seeing that it was Arvin, I hesitated to answer. He might ask me again where I was staying, and I really couldn't answer him because of his enmity toward Kiyo.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" Bam asked.

"Well..."

"Yes, Daria. Aren't you going to answer your phone?" A deep voice emanated from behind me. When I spun around, I was welcomed by the sight of a very angry Arvin.

"Hot Chaos, huh?" he muttered, his eyebrows tightly knitted together.

♫ ♬ ♫ ♬♫

The concert's backstage was usually chaotic, especially if it was a rock band's concert. The groupies were everywhere, vying for each member's attention. Oddly, Kiyo dashed past them and headed straight to the dressing room.