𝟜𝟙 | new chapter

"I'll call you alright?" Even though those words were aimed to stop her brother's tears, Hyejin watches the salty waterfall pouring down harder, "I'm so sorry for leaving you like this

"I'll call you alright?" Even though those words were aimed to stop her brother's tears, Hyejin watches the salty waterfall pouring down harder, "I'm so sorry for leaving you like this."

"No." Hajoon gasps at her words, "I'm sorry that you need to leave. Hyejin, I'm sorry that I couldn't fully protect you."

Jaemin watches the heart wrenching sight as the two siblings give each other a hug; one that was full of longing as they all knew that they would not be seeing each other for quite some time.

The announcement of their flight over the loudspeaker only made their grips tighter. Hajoon mumbles onto Hyejin's shoulders, "Don't worry. As long as I pretend that I love mum and dad, I'll be in good hands."

"Try to love them alright? After all, they're your parents. It's unfortunate that they didn't take care of me well but some children didn't even have the chance to meet their birth parents." Hyejin fixes his wet bangs, "Like me, you know. It wasn't the best environment but I got to meet a beautiful young boy and I at least had a roof over my head."

Listening to all this, Jaemin couldn't help but shed a tear. Hearing those awful words come out of his partner's mouth only made him feel bitter as he commits further to take care of Hyejin.

Hajoon leaves Hyejin's arms to say his goodbyes to Jaemin, "Take care of my sister. If I hear that you're treating her wrong, you're dead the next time I see you."

"For someone who is younger and smaller than me, you are very intimidating. Of course, I'll take care of Hyejin." Jaemin shakes his phone, "You got the phone I got you?"

Hajoon nods in response, "Thank you for this, hyung."

Jaemin nods and gives the boy a light and short pinch on his chubby cheeks, "I'll take care of her. You don't need to worry."

Meanwhile, Hyejin says her final goodbyes to Jaein, "Don't forget to send me your wedding invitation." Hyejin could imagine the smirk on Jaein's face as she says that, "And don't forget to update me once in a while."

"You too. Take care of yourself and Jeno." The two link their pinkies together, a smile lingering on their faces as they remind themselves of the origins of their friendships.

"Take care of the brat." Jaemin pats Jeno's shoulder, "Jaein is going to be lonely without another girl."

"I know." Jeno recalls the time Jaein longed for a female friend, knowing just how much she needed a female friend after constantly only hanging out with Jaemin and himself.

Jaemin walks to the final person who is left to see him and Hyejin off, "Mum..."

Haeun stood with open arms, waiting for her child's embrace, "Aw don't cry, sweetheart." how contradicting when Haeun herself felt like she could cry anytime soon, "Good luck on your studies, alright? Take care of yourself and Hyejin."

"I'll be back to visit when everything is settled." Jaemin informs his mum to which she nods and rubs Jaemin's back with her palms.

Haeun smiles through her blurry vision and holds one arm for Hyejin, leaving the other one still on Jaemin's back. With a small pout, Hyejin approaches the woman who took her into her family with genuine feelings, "Thank you so much, Mrs Na."

"You're going to be an amazing teacher, Hyejin. I promise."

The touch of a mother. The touch of parental love that she had never received in her life. This is the first time but she would not be able to feel this for a long time due to the kilometers between them. They stayed in each other's arms until the final boarding announcement.

Both Jaemin and Hyejin joined their hands together and took in the faces of their loved ones. Of course, they were going to keep in touch but it'll be a while until they finally meet each other face to face.

With a heavy but anticipating heart, Jaemin and Hyejin say their final goodbyes before disappearing out of Haeun, Jaein and Jeno's eyes as they start a new chapter of their lives.

Thank you for 900+ reads!! So close to 1K 😭😭😭 Please don't forget to comment and vote 😊