𝟚𝟘 | not true

For once in her lifetime, a day has come where Hyejin did not want to go to school

For once in her lifetime, a day has come where Hyejin did not want to go to school. The wound on both her wrists made her wince in pain at every movement, not able to do the easy movements she could beforehand. The simple task of holding a pencil seemed to be challenging as her wrists shook with the contracting muscles.

Regardless, she made herself ready for school, looking as bright and lively as she could. She wraps the bandages around her wrists especially tighter so that it could feel somewhat numb. She sits on her usual seat behind the passed out boy who just finished his morning practice. She decided to wake him up just before the bell rings to give him maximal sleeping time.

When Hyejin does nudge him to wake up, his husky morning voice begged for another five minutes, "Jaem, you can't sleep anymore. The bell is about to go soon."

Jaemin rubs his eyes, slowly adjusting to the bright lights and he stretches his limbs after sleeping in an upright position for a good forty-five minutes, "Morning." He smiles tiredly.

Hyejin nods and mouths a good morning back before going back to her chair as Mr John enters the room, "All right. So we have a week left until the presentation is due. Hopefully you all are ready to present." The class gave out divided responses, while some smiled and relaxed, some were anxiously biting their fingernails knowing that they were not quite ready for the due date.

"We should go and gather in my house after school to finish our project." Jaemin suggests, turning his body around to meet Hyejin who was spacing out due to the lack of sleep during the weekend, "Hyejin?" without thinking he grabs one of her wrist. Hyejin almost flew out of her seat in pain, catching everyone's attention. Jaemin looks at the girl in shock as Hyejin realises the eyes on her.

"Park Hyejin. Is everything alright?" Mr John looks at the girl with suspicion, knowing that the girl wouldn't create such a scene for no reason.

Hyejin apologises quietly to the classroom, denying the question that was asked. Jaemin's expression turns dark at Hyejin's actions. The uneasiness in his body slowly made him lose his sanity. He rips a piece of paper from the corner of his notebook writing a simple I'm sorry for what happened. Are you okay? on it and passes it to Hyejin.

Hyejin was reluctant to open the piece of paper but did so anyway. Those eight words that were written down were enough for a tear to escape Hyejin's eyes as she quickly wiped it, not wanting to cry in the middle of the class. Her mother's words rang through her head, making her whimper slightly.

"Whoever he is, he won't stay for long."

The piece of paper in her hands crinkles at the poison-like words and when the bell rings, she rushes off to the bathroom not wanting Jaemin to see the mess that she is. However, Hyejin is a step too late when Jaemin once again grabs her wrist to stop her from leaving. The grip causes Hyejin to yelp in pain as she sinks down to the ground, covering her mouth with her other hand.