𝟜𝟘 | beside me

The couple cocooned themselves underneath the soft blankets, hugging each other close to share their body heat

The couple cocooned themselves underneath the soft blankets, hugging each other close to share their body heat. Jaemin opens his eyes to a peacefully sleeping Hyejin who, to him, looks perfect even in the morning. The two spent the night together, binging all the dramas and shows that they wanted, eventually falling asleep early in the morning. However, even with the lack of sleep Jaemin still felt refreshed, possibly because he got to hold his lover tight for the majority of the day.

Getting out of the covers slowly, Jaemin heads down to cook for the two precious people in his life. The whole time, he smiles to himself thinking of the night beforehand; how he held Hyejin tight, how he kissed her dearly, how much he loves the girl. To Jaemin, everything still felt like a dream but he is forever thankful that it is indeed reality.

"Morning, son." Haeun walks down the stairs and gives her son a kiss, preparing a cup of hot coffee, "Hyejin still knocked out?"

"Mhm."

"So," Haeun's lips up turns into a smirk, her eyebrows dancing, "what sinful things did you do with the girl last night?"

"Mum! It's not like that." Jaemin smiles tenderly, remembering the conversation that he had once with the girl, "Hyejin is still a bit sensitive to touch. I don't want to do anything that would make her uncomfortable."

Haeun proudly ruffles his hair, "That's my son! You grew up so well!"

"It's because of you and dad."

"Your dad would be so proud if he was still here. He would've loved Hyejin too."

The son and mother lean their heads together, reminiscing of the past days when their family was a whole. The birds chirped freely outside as the sun highlighted the few tears that occasionally escaped the corner of their eyes.

Jaemin kneels down and leans his arms on the edge of the bed, "Morning baby

Jaemin kneels down and leans his arms on the edge of the bed, "Morning baby."

Hyejin stretches her arms, leaning over to caress Jaemin's face, "Morning, Nana."

"Still tired? You want to sleep in a bit more?" Jaemin copies the girl's actions, holding her cold face within his warm ones, "I'll wake you up, don't worry."

Hyejin declines his offer, "I'm kind of hungry."

"Good thing I made breakfast already then." Jaemin watches as Hyejin's eyes lit up in excitement, "Let's go down."

The three shared a warm breakfast together, enjoying each others' company. Haeun leaves the two alone, mouthing words to Jaemin which only made the latter blush as he shooed his mum away.

Jaemin and Hyejin spent the whole day in each other's arms, Snowy occasionally coming up to them, wanting more attention. Fair enough as ever since Hyejin moved, Snowy barely got any.

"I got accepted in England."

"I knew you could do it." Hyejin kisses the boy. But despite the happiness that she feels for the boy, she wishes that he would stay with her. She didn't want to have him away from her, feeling supported and safe whenever he was beside her.

"Come with me. To England. We can start a new life together there."

"Jaemin..." Hyejin wanted to say 'yes' badly, "I can't. I can't support myself. Even now, I feel like a burden, intruding into your home like this and I feel so sorry for this."

"Hey hey." Jaemin stops the girl's rant, "Don't say that. You're not a burden and you're not intruding. My mum loves the fact that you're here and I do too." Hyejin looks at him with an unsure expression, "I applied for you as well."

Hyejin raises her eyebrows, both in amusement and confusion, "Do you mean England?"

Jaemin hums, tucking a strand of her black locks behind her ear, "You got in, sweetheart. You're talented after all."

"I can't go, Jaemin."

"Yes you can." Jaemin holds onto her tight fists, opening it up and sliding his palms under hers, "We're family now. Families are supposed to help each other. My mum said that she's on board with all this."

"Becoming a surgeon is not easy, Jaem. I'll just get in your wa--"

Jaemin shuts her up by placing a kiss on her lips. Hyejin's breath hitches, her mouth opened up a bit as Jaemin didn't waste the opportunity to deepen the kiss. He lifts Hyejin, placing her on his laps, running his hands down the sides and curves of her body. This sends sparks to Hyejin's already excited state of mind. Similarly, Hyejin rakes his brown hair, playing with it as the kiss turns passionate and heated.

"I need you with me, Hyejin. I need you to stay beside me. Like you said, becoming a surgeon isn't easy. Plus, you always wanted to become a teacher didn't you? And your English skills are top notch." Jaemin grins, "They'll be stupid to not accept you honestly." the two leans in, rubbing their noses against each other, "Think about it?"

Hyejin smiles at his thoughtfulness, "I will."

"