𝟛𝟛 | the truth

"Oh look

"Oh look." Jaein points to the puffed out boy who leans on the lockers for stability.

Hyejin and Jeno looked over to where she was pointing. Hyejin quickly excuses herself from the two, making a run for it when he sees Jaemin. Even though she has made up with Jaein and Jeno, Hyejin is still not ready to face him yet. Maybe it's because she sees Jaemin in a different way, maybe it's because Jaemin confessed to her, maybe it's just simply because Hyejin likes him back but doesn't want to admit it.

Jeno stops the girl from walking after grabbing the top grab handle of her school bag, "Where do you think you're going, young lady?" Jeno lets out a smirk at her frightened face.

"Jeno." Hyejin whispers out through her teeth, "Lee Jeno, let me go."

"What happens if I refuse to?"

"I wi---"

"Hyejin." That familiar voice almost made Hyejin melt to the floor. Hyejin turns her neck to face Jaemin, "Hyejin."

"H-Hi." After weeks of not talking to Jaemin, he is finally in front of her right now. The slight distance between them only made her heart beat faster and the fact that Jaemin decided to close the distance between them ever more, sent a flight-or-fight response, her choice being the first one.

"Could you come with me for a bit? It'll only take a few minutes, I promise."

Jaemin's desperate eyes, converted Hyejin's state of mind from being frightened to calming. How he did that instantly, she would never know, "Okay..."

The two walk away side by side from Jaein and Jeno, "That brat didn't even bother to greet us." Jaein spits out and gives a tongue out to Jaemin's retreating figure.

"You have to forgive him this time. Hyejin was right in front of him after all."

Typical Na Jaemin brings Park Hyejin to the gym

Typical Na Jaemin brings Park Hyejin to the gym. In the end, Jaemin never said his thanks to Hyejin for dropping those papers off, "Thank you," Hyejin looks at him with confusion, "for dropping those papers off."

Understanding what he is thankful for, Hyejin lets out a smile, "No problem. Are you ready for next week?"

Jaemin groans and tilts his head back at the thought of exam week only being a week away, "I'll just have to do it, you know? What about you?"

Hyejin lets out her palm horizontally, tilting it to both sides, "So-so, I guess."

Jaemin nods, "Mum told me."

Hyejin stiffens at this, "A-About?"

"To take care of you."

"O-Oh."

"Will you let me do that?"

"What?" Perplexed at the sudden question, Hyejin lets out a gasp.

"I miss you, Hyejin." Jaemin pouts at the girl, "I miss you hanging out with us. I miss seeing your smile. I miss your voice. I miss having you within my reach. I just miss all of you."

"Jaemin..."

"I'm sorry if I made things uncomfortable when I confessed to you. But I meant it all." Jaemin takes a deep breath to keep his composure, "I like you, Hyejin. That's not going to change. At least not until you give me a proper answer back."

Sincerity pools Jaemin's mocha coloured eyes and Hyejin couldn't help but let out a shaky breath at the sight, "It's alright if you don't like me back. You shouldn't feel pressured to like anyone, but I will be here for you no matter what." Jaemin consoles her. He hesitantly raises his hands to pat her head, "Can I...touch you?"

Hyejin smiles and nods but before Jaemin could even touch her silky black hair, Hyejin envelops him into a hug, wrapping her arms around his torso and buries her face on his chest, "Jaemin."

"H-Hm?" Jaemin tried to hide his red face away from Hyejin.

"Thank you for those words."

"I'm only telling the truth." and Jaemin finally has her back in his arms.

" and Jaemin finally has her back in his arms