𝟚𝟚 | motherly

"Hyejin! How about this?" Jaein shows up with another dress in her hand, asking Hyejin for her advice

"Yeah I think that one is the best one you've chosen so far. I think it compliments your body shape as well." complimented Hyejin.

The two continue on their shopping spree for another two hours, spending their weekend together. Currently, they wait on their lunch order as they sip at their beverages, their colourful shopping bags beside them. They talked about anything and everything.

"How'd you get the idea for our project anyways? I never got to ask you." The very first time Jaein listened to Hyejin's idea for the project, she was in awe at how simple yet effective it was.

"That time when Jaemin and I were separated from you and Jeno at the amusement park, we came across a crying child. It turns out that it was one of Hajoon's classmates. What he said to me that time when he stopped crying gave me the idea." Hyejin nods at the memory.

"Oh I see. So what actually happened though?"

"So technically..."

"I'm sorry for crying so much." Sangcheol wipes the remaining tears on his face.

"Why are you sorry? It's okay to cry." Hyejin sits down on the nearby bench, Sangcheol taking small steps to follow her.

"My mother always told me to never cry in front of a girl. That men should always be strong no matter what."

Hyejin frowns at the mother's teaching, "But Sangcheol, it's alright to cry. You're not crying because you're weak, you're crying because you've been holding it for too long."

"Really?" the boy looks up for reassurance.

Hyejin nods in assurance, "Of course! This society should normalise boys crying. Boys are still humans too. From now on, don't hide your tears. If you're struggling, then show it because it's not healthy to keep all that pent up frustration inside." Hyejin puts a hand over her chest, "Trust me. I know."

She truly does. That day when Jaemin saw her breaking down, when Jaein comforted her during her panic attack, that day when she walked together with Jeno to their classrooms, she understood that there are people who are willing to stand by her and to give her company.

"And that's what happened." Hyejin concluded as their food was served that time.

"Honestly yeah. Society should normalise normalisation."

"I agree."