𝟛𝟝 | all the time

It's finally the week that all seniors dread

It's finally the week that all seniors dread. Hating the burden of failing, the burden not 'doing well enough', the feeling of knowing that 'I could've done better'. Even though a busy week would feel as if it would go by in a flash, the weighting, both physically and metaphorically, of those stapled papers felt like time froze as everything seemed to be suffocating them.

"Hey," Jaemin comes up to the jittery girl who couldn't contain her anxiousness. Even after clasping her hands together tightly, Hyejin's hand trembled at the thought of going to the exam room, "You'll be fine." Jaemin pulls her head to his chest, caressing both his palms on Hyejin's hair, "You studied so much. You'll do amazing, Hye."

"You really think so?" Hyejin takes a fist of Jaemin's shirt, not wanting to let the boy go, "I'm nervous, Jaem. This is our last ever exam and I want to do well."

"You will." Jaemin gives a silent greeting to Jaein and Jeno who have finally arrived at school, "Jaein is here. You want to give her a hug?"

"In a minute, please." Hyejin didn't want to let go of the comfort that she has close to her. Hyejin tilts her head up to see a glimpse of Jaemin's face; the face that she would die to see everyday, "Hey Jaem."

"Hm?"

"I have something to tell you after exam week..."

"Oh?" Jaemin's ears perked up at the subject, "Is everything alright? Bad news or good news?"

"Yeah, everything is fine. I'm not going to lie but I guess a bit of both."

Jaemin frowns and cradles Hyejin's face within his two gigantic hands, "Hyejin..."

"I'm alright, Jaem. Don't worry. It can wait, I promise."

"Promise me that you won't do anything bad."

Hyejin wraps her arms around him, pushing his head down lightly as they touch their foreheads against each other, "I won't do anything bad, Jaem. I promise."

Exam week was brutal for all of them. Some subjects are easier than others, but for the other 'some' subjects, nothing could have prepared them for what's coming. The exam pushed their abilities and concentration to the maximum. Every day in exam week, the four barely hung out together as they all felt exhausted after the three hour exam. Of course, they missed each other dearly, but knowing that they will come back to each other gave them the motivation to keep going. And so here they are, back in the classroom dynamic, finally feeling free at their senior year.

"Ok so..." The whole group is currently seated in their huge grass area for a rare year group assembly. Mr John takes out a big roll of A3 paper and gives out an excited 'tada', "Senior camping trip! This is the last thing you'll experience as a senior. Right after this, it's just graduation and you're off with your own personal lifes. Obviously, it's not compulsory but those who would like to go should write their dorm mates in." Mr John eyes some of the girls and boys in the class, "Same genders only."

Jaein and Hyejin smile at each other knowing that they would most definitely dorm together. Jaein runs up to the front to take the double rooms which were only available in very limited amounts.

For some reason, Jeno managed to convince Jaemin to take the largest room, rooming with mostly the rest of the basketball team, "Really?" Jaemin looks at his best friend in disbelief, "We are going to create a mess."

"Yeah but it's the last thing we'll ever do so just go with it."

Jaemin rolls his eyes, knowing that there was nothing he could do anyway as his name is already on the paper.

"Alright! Dismissed! Go to lunch you munchkins." Mr John says, earning a few exclamations from the students as his ears go red at his little slip up, "You guys are lucky that I love you."

"Jaem

"Jaem."

"Hey." Jaemin greets her as they walk hand in hand to a nearby grass area, taking shade from the scorching sun, "Before you say what you're about to say," Jaemin searches his bag for a specific wrapped white box, "Your birthday present. I'm sorry that I couldn't take you out on that day. I hope that this will make up for it." Jaemin smiles hopefully at her.

"You didn't have to do anything, Jaem." Hyejin receives the hand sized box and opens the lid revealing a piece of a puzzle silver keychain with her name cursively engraved on it, "What's this?"

"It's a friendship keyring with Jaein, Jeno and I. A four puzzle piece heart keychain. I thought it was cute and I bought it instantly. Thank God it came on time." Jaemin informs the girl.

"I love it. It's so pretty. Thank you so much." Hyejin admired the silver keychain, glazing her hand over the reflective metal, "Ok so. I'll start my story? Bad news or good news first?"

"Hmmm, let's go with bad."

Hyejin felt her heart go heavy at the thought of breaking the bad news to him, "I'm not ready for a relationship, Jaem. I'm so sorry."

Jaemin looks at the girl who had her head down, possibly in shame at what just came out of her mouth, "Hey." He rests the side of his index finger on her chin, "Don't be sorry. Don't say that. What about the good news?"

Hyejin blushes at the good news that she is about to tell him, "I like you, Na Jaemin." Her cheeks flared up as her whole body tenses at the confession, "I'm sorry that I'm so late."

Jaemin sat there with wide eyes, mouth opening and closing but no words coming out, "W-Wait. So like," he alternated his pointer finger between himself and the girl, "So like um wow ok."

Hyejin laughs at his behaviour, "Didn't think you would be so shy."

Jaemin smirks and lightly pushes Hyejin down on the grass, holding himself up with his hands besides Hyejin's face. His body slightly twisted to see Hyejin who is currently blushing furiously at his daring actions. It isn't the first time the two have been so close but the position automatically made Hyejin hide her face under her hands, "Oh yeah. Who's the shy one now?" Jaemin whispers lovingly at the girl, "God, I could die happily now."

"Jaemin."

"Hm?"

"Would you give me a little bit more time?"

"All the time you need, princess."