𝟙𝟘 | sit with you

tw! panic attacks

Hyejin collapsed to the ground as soon as they stepped out of the cafeteria

Hyejin collapsed to the ground as soon as they stepped out of the cafeteria. Jaein crouches down in surprise but was clueless at what she could do to help. In the end, she could only tell Hyejin to take deep breaths and reassuring her that she'll stay until she calms down. Jaein grabs her phone out to text Jeno to bring all her stuff along with him when he leaves the cafeteria.

Inside the cafeteria, Jeno calmly eats his popcorn at the sight of Jaemin confronting Aerin at the situation that just happened. He checks his phone as it beeped, reading the text that his girlfriend sent him. He gathers all of his and Jaemin's things as well before approaching the two.

"I told you." Aerin stated furiously, "She's the one who butted in."

Jaemin sighs again at the repeated information, "Yes but I'm asking why she did it in the first place?"

Jeno rests his palm on Jaemin's shoulder telling him to leave the situation alone for now and go to the girls outside. Jaemin took one disappointed glance at Aerin before the two made their way out. As soon as they opened the door, Jaemin was met with a painful sight. Hyejin was still on the ground, lightly hitting her chest as she coughed and huffed.

Without much thought, Jaemin runs over and lightly grabs her wrists. Jaein was about to tell him to let go until she realises that Hyejin's breathing started to normalise. Jaemin sighs in relief and stands up, his hands still holding Hyejin's wrist. Hyejin stood up as well, her legs slightly wobbly after the short hyperventilation period.

Hyejin continued to compose herself as her classmates stood by her, ready for support, "I'm sorry that you had to see that."

Jaemin hastily shakes his head, "Don't apologise. Why are you apologising?"

"Because...you are so kind to me." and I don't deserve that.

"We have no reason to not be kind to you." Jaein truthfully stated, "Here. It's the bread and milk that you bought. Don't forget to eat." Hyejin gulps and takes her food with shaky hands.

"Thank you..." Why are they so nice...they could've just left me in there...

"Can we..." Jaein started, "sit with you?"

The three friends notice her hesitation with the question, "What about just you and Jaein?" Jeno recommended, "Maybe that would be better?"

Hyejin did feel more relieved after the recommendation but she was still too unstable to properly think. However, the worried glances that were sent to her made her think that it would be fine to accept the kind gesture and so she nodded to Jaein, accepting her offer.

 However, the worried glances that were sent to her made her think that it would be fine to accept the kind gesture and so she nodded to Jaein, accepting her offer