𝟛𝟜 | indirectly

"Jaemin hyung!" Hajoon hops down from the swing as soon as he comes into his view, "I missed you so much!"

Hyejin faces the boy with wide eyes, "Don't you have practice?"

Jaemin shrugs nonchalantly, "I can skip once in a while." Hyejin frowns and lightly scolds him for his actions, "Should we go to the library? You know...for exam study?" Jaemin scratches his nape at the awkward energy that he was emitting, "It's just that it's been awhile since I've spent time with you."

Hajoon teases the blushing boy, lightly hitting the boy's upper thigh before facing his sister, "You both should go! I'll head home first."

"We can dr--"

"No! Studying is very important!" Hajoon interjected, "I'll go on ahead. Make sure she comes back home safe, Jaemin hyung!" Before fully leaving, Hajoon sends a knowing look to Jaemin, wiggling his eyebrows.

If only Hajoon was the same age as him.

The two stood in silence for a while before Jaemin speaks up, "Should we go?"

"Mhm." Hyejin walks ahead of the anxious boy, giving him some headspace for some of his own thinking.

Jaemin jogs up to her and walks alongside Hyejin. Taking in a reassuring breath of fresh air and blanketing Hyejin's right hand in his own left hand.

"Hyejin!" Jaein grasps the girl's shoulder as soon as she sees her approaching figure and jumps gleefully like a rabbit, "You're coming to Jaemin's surprise birthday right? It's this weekend at his house!"

"How are we going to set up a surprise at his house?" Jaein gives Hyejin a smart smirk, pointing at her head.

"This brain right here has everything under control! Just be there by ten am."

"Be where at ten am?" Once again, Jaemin shows up beside the two girls with no notice. The two jump back in surprise and Jaemin shrugs, "You'll get used to it. Hyejin. Are you free this weekend?"

"Um."

"Yes she is. She's going out with me." Jaein wraps both her arms on Hyejin's left arm, possessively protecting her best friend, "Stop stealing Hyejin from me."