Chapter 48

••☘••️☘••️
"How's he doing?" the Elites asked including Megan.

"Guys stop acting like you didn't spend the night here" River said and they laughed.

"Ares" Megan said sadly before hugging him. He pulled the oxygen mask down and smiled at her.

"I'm good you don't have to look so worried. Nah don't cry Meg" he said.

"Too late" Lake said as she started crying.

"I asked if you were okay yesterday but you denied it. You should have just told me things wouldn't have been this bad" she cried.

"Don't do this Meg" Ares said putting back the mask.

"Come to your bestfriend" Lake said burying her face in his chest. She held on.

"Aw where's the feisty Meg I miss her already. She'd have beaten the shit out of you for calling her that" Noah said with a laugh.
Felix walked in with some food and a bag.

"You should get some rest. You've been here all night" River told Felix who smiled slightly.

"How're you Young Master?" he asked in a soft tone, his eyes trailing to the bandages around River's wrists and fingers.

"I'm fine Felix. You worry too much" River told him. Felix smiled slightly.

"Get well soon Ares" Felix told him.

"Thank you" Ares told him before taking a sip of water.

"Your new inhalers are here" Felix informed him.

"You haven't had an attack in a year. What triggered it?" River asked and they exchanged glances.

"Probably the weather and lack of precaution on my part. I'm fine now" Ares said sitting up. "Where are the nurses?" he asked.

"Fired" Felix said with a laugh and they were shocked but laughed anyway.

"No way" the guys exclaimed.

"They're incompetent. The new set should be on their way and if they don't arrive in five they'll be fired" River said.

"Yes boss" Noah teased and they laughed. "Looks like they're here already" 

"I should probably address them" River said.

"Impressive. Seeing this side I have reason to believe you just act lazy to irk Tiago" Ares said and River smiled.

"Or he loves you so much" Felix said and River shook his head.

"You should get some rest. Not a word reaches Leo about this. You're dismissed" River told him and Felix bowed immediately.

"At your command young master. I should also tell you Isla shot an arrow at your mum while training. She's currently at the hospital"

"What?" River said.

"I'll get sacked if Boss Tiago finds out about it, Sir" he said.

"Only I am allowed to fire you. You're dismissed" River said and Felix smiled before walking away.

"Damn Isla is getting more creative by the day" Ares said laughing and River glared at him playfully.

"Hope it wasn't her boob" Lake said unconsciously before sucking a breath.

"What?" River asked in disbelief.

"What?" Lake asked confused and River chased him. They laughed.

"Stormi you look so stressed I'll help you with that" Jordyn said helping with the assignment.

"How'd you get caught anyway and why were you even with the inhaler to begin with?" Heidi asked.