She still kept quiet and maintained her composure, making me mad. 

"Don't smile idiot, you look so stupid. Don't you have any self-respect", I pestered her to get some reactions from her. 

I really wanted to make her shout at me? Please don't ask me why. I don't know myself. 

"I do have self-respect" she simply stated yet with a smile.

"It doesn't seem like you have any, by the way, you're reacting," I told her.

"It's because my grandma said, people don't mean what they say when they are hungry or angry" she once again said what her grandmother has told her. 

Who is her grandmother, who told her so much stuff? 

"Don't tell me what your grandma said, you sound like a grandma too" I tried my luck once again to make her angry.

Come on get angry at me. I want to see how you look when you frown, I thought and waited in anticipation.

But she simply gave me a tight smile and murmured, "she was right" with a nod to herself and started walking away from me.

I don't want her to go. I felt like she was taking a part of me with her. "Hey stop, where do you think you are going?" I shouted at her retreating figure. 

"Home," She said without turning back, still walking.

"To your grandma? To ask her for a few more quotations?" I mocked her hoping for her to turn back and stare at me so that I can see her face once again. 

But she shrugged her shoulders without turning back and went on her way. 

Ohh come on I can't take this. I was afraid of not seeing her again. But why?

Maybe because I still didn't get to see the reaction I wanted from her, I reasoned out to myself. 

"Hey come back here you little missy" I called for her. But she gave no ears to my words.

Should I follow her to the house? But I don't want to look like some creep. I was thinking about what to do to make her stay or see her face once again. 

Without my notice, I started to walk forward following her path. 

I halted on my steps when I heard her saying, "Will come tomorrow. At the same time, the same place" 

I smiled without even me realizing it. So, I can see her again tomorrow. I felt relieved by her assurance. 

I spent the remaining day waiting for the next day to come, to meet her. 

Will she really come? Did she just say that to make me stop following her? What if she didn't come? So many questions ran through my mind, all answered when she came to the same spot the next day with a box of dumplings.

She smiled at me and said, "hello BF"

I started laughing like a maniac upon hearing her, "How lonely are you? Seriously, I literally saw you yesterday. And today you call me your best friend", I said and continued laughing.

She started giggling along with me. She looked ethereal, she just gave me the box of dumplings she had and said, "I brought this for you"

I took the box she was offering me and said, "Don't tell me you were not Hungry, so you thought this belongs to me", with a smirk.

I tried pestering her, reminding her of the event of the day before to get some sort of reaction from her. 

But she, being herself, did not get mad and motioned me to eat.  Argh.., this girl...I ... give up...