The guy i like works as a host?! part 5

"Nat...what are you talking about?", my mouth hung wide open, and it felt like I had been stabbed in the back.

"Listen! Before you say anything, let me tell you, this was a year ago. I was 14, and I was alone. Truly alone. I had nobody, and you knew that, before you came to this school, I was an outcast, nobody liked me, and I was that girl who people would call 'freak' and 'loser' in the hallways. But it wasn't because I was a freak or a loser, it was because I was scared of the world." she looked down uncomfortably; I knew this was hard for her, to open up like this. But I needed to know, if what she was telling me was true. She sat down, but I stood still, with my arms crossed. I didn't want to hear what was coming next.

"Ethan...he was there for me. We were neighbors, and he knew about me. He listened, and I listened, so when he told me he was a host I became interested in the idea. He saw I was interested, so he offered. I wasn't exactly poor, so we kinda went out for 2 weeks. But before you judge me, let me tell you; the reason why I'm like this, why I'm so though, and why I can handle almost everything now, it's all Ethan", she smiled and stared at me, "He's the reason why I'm still in this world, he helped me...Serena...he's a good guy"

I didn't know what to say, all this time, she knew I liked him, but she never told me. I didn't know whether to let it go, or just be happy for her. But then I went through what she had said; "He's the reason why I'm still in this world..."

I suddenly became scared for her, what was she like before I came here?

I got down to my knees, so I was facing her, and slowly I hugged her, as we both burst into tears.

After a while of awkwardly crying and giggling, we got up and went our separate ways, but before we left school, Natalie called over my shoulder, I turned around to face her one last time, and she said, "He never liked me that way, trust me, It was all superficial, in the end, he's kind of like a brother to me", she smiled.

That made me feel better, but at the same time, I couldn't help but to still feel angry about the fact that she'd hidden it from me all this time, and the fact that Ethan ignored me the entire day, without uttering a word. Well, that was record, even for him.

I went to bed early, knowing tomorrow was going to be a long day of training for the big race the school was going to hold, and as always I was heading for the gold medal. But before I went to sleep, Isis poked her head in, and smirked, "How's Ethan?", she purred.

I ignored the 'purring' and grunted, "Do NOT talk to me about that freak"

"Ouch, woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning?", she teased.

"No, but the guy is a douche bag", I sighed and fell on my bed, "Please turn off the lights...and leave me alone"

Isis howled with laughter, "Sure but he does bring lots of...", she said something else but it was too low for me to hear, and I was too weak to think, so I pretended to snore, which for some reason made her laugh even more.

She closed the door, and turned off the lights, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I ran through the fields, wearing my sports gear, and staring at my bright Nike pink trainers. My breathing increased as I ran faster, but with a steady pace. Today was bright and sunny, and the air was thick with the scent of...Ethan. I was thinking of when he was going to strike, I mean there was no way Ethan could forget about it.

Behind me I heard the mutterings of both Dawn and Natalie.

"I'm DYING", Nat groaned, trying to keep up with Dawn, who was an incredible runner- not as good as me, not trying to be modest or anything.