Gryffindor common room

"Hey look Harry!" Cries Dylan. I look to him and I see he means me. My parents only ever call me Harry. It's weird hearing it come from a friend.

"What?" I reply. I look to where he is pointing. The staircases.

"Dylan they are just stairs. Never seen any stairs before? " I laugh and look closer at them.

"Shuck it!" He calls. I laugh.

"Interesting vocab there, shank!" I cry using the vocabulary from a book I once read.

"We are made for each other!" Dylan says. But there is no sense of joke in the way he said it.

"Maybe!" I mutter back. He gives me a really sweet smile. I really need to stop thinking these things.  I'm ridiculous.

"Oh. Stairs. They move!" He says and points at them.

"Thats absurd!" I call. Then I see he isnt lying.

Every so often a stair case changes the direction that it's going. It's the most weird thing that I have ever seen. And I love it!

"Gryffindors follow me. Quickly now come on." Says Percy, already walking up these strange stairs.

"Here goes nothing." I mumble and stick my hand out to the banister.

We start to ascend the stairs and look up to see other staircases moving. Its really absurd. But our stair-watching fiasco is over as quickly as it started. We leave the stairs and walk down a hall, Thomas, Harry, Hermione and Ron in deep conversation. Friends.

We stop in front of a portait of a woman. Moving. So portraits move as well. I'm never going to get used to this.

"Password." It asks.

"Cabot Draconus." Replys Percy. The portrait swings open and we all step through. The opening reveals a large common room with a fire, table, chairs and stairs leading up.

"Welcome to the Gryffindor common room. Ladies your dormitories are upstairs and to the left, boys the same on your right. You will find all your belongings have been brought up along with your timetables. Lessons start tomorrow at 8." And with that, he left. An early start. Wonderful. Love getting up early.

There is about 10-20 of us crowded in this one room. Everyone went upstairs to look at our rooms. Me and Dylan, however, explored downstairs.

"This is so cool." I say and look around at everything, and running my hand over the armchair next to the fire.

"No shit." Replies Dylan. His bad language making me laugh.

"You wanna do a bit of revision when everyones asleep?" I ask, I like revising. I like to go to a class knowing how to do a few things. First impressions are kind of a big deal for me.

"Yeah. Sure." He replies. We walk upstairs and go into our separate rooms. Hermione is already in her pyjamas and in bed reading.

"Im gonna revise okay Hermione. " I tell her and quickly change into some pyjamas.

"Go ahead. Im doing some here! " she nodds at her book. She's reading a book on herbology.

"Okay." I reply. I gather all my books and parchment and head downstairs.

Time ticks by. The boys must still be awake. I sit down in front of the fire with my back against the armchair. The warmth of the fire warms me up. The castle is quite cold at night.

I flip open Hogwarts: A History and read a few pages. Someone coughs. I look up from my seat on the floor and notice Dylan is standing to the side of the armchair.

"Oh. How long have you been there? " I ask awkwardly.

"Long enough." He smirks and runs a hand through his hair. I roll my eyes.

"Okay then lets get down to buisness." I get up and move to the table. Dylan follows. We sit and read through some books but get bored and start doodling mazes.

All of my mazes look the same. All spherical and odd looking.  Dylan's range from squares to circles and are all different. I'm just different.

"Ive never had a friend like you Dylan. " I smile at him. He returns it.

"Niether. Its nice to have a girlfriend. I mean, not a 'girlfriend. Just a friend thats a girl." He starts to blush and I chuckle at his words.

"You are so sweet." I laugh.

"Oh yeah. Have you looked in the bloody mirror?" He says. I smile and he starts to lean forward. But I feel myself do the same.

Slowly our lips touch and his hands go to my waist. We embrace for a few moments and gradually come out. Sadly.

"I guess you can say we are a thing now? Only if you want, I mean." He says. I smile at him.

I've never kissed a boy before. And I've never had a boyfriend. Things can change though, right?

"I guess. But lets keep it secret." I reply. Our lips touch again. And we carry on with our revising. He kept kissing me and I kept using a summoning spell to grab books and hit him in the head with them. I have never laughed so hard.

Little did we know, our lives were going to change so much and our little secret wont be so secret anymore.