/ 37 /

Without even thinking, my hand flies over his cheek. His eyes narrow in pain and one of his hands strokes over the area I hit.

«Vic, calm down», I hear Ethan say in a soothing voice.

I laugh briefly. «Not tell me what to do, Ethan», unlike his voice is my low of anger. He sighs behind me. I hate when people tell me what to do and all of them know that very well.

«Get out of my house», I inhale and exhale and look between Damiano and Giorgia, «Both of you», my arms cross over my chest.

Giorgia nods with a smile on her face and before I know it she's out of the door. What a relief. My gaze slides away to Damiano standing there speechless. «You too. Pack your things and leave. I don't want you here», I look at him in grief.

This is the fourth time. I'm tired. If he stays here, I'll just get hurt again, again and again. He has broken our trust. To this point, I think my heart is broken enough times to be destroyed. I can't do this anymore.

«Amore mio, it's a long time ago. I didn't mean any of that», his eyes are filled with sorrow, but this time I do not feel a little guilty.

«Save yourself, Damiano. Even though I wasn't with you at that time, I was your best friend and you still chose to say those things about me. Last night we had such a good time together, but now everything is ruined again thanks to your ex, and not least you», I stop because it's just before my voice breaks.

Damiano shakes his head. «Are you sure you are not overreacting? Nothing's ruined, Vic. It's a long time ago, so to be honest I don't understand why you take it so seriously. I guess I was just trying to be tough or convince both myself and Giorgia that I didn't have feelings for you», he says frustrated.

Thomas looks sternly at the boy in front of me. I breathe heavily while desperately trying to hold back my tears, something that is not very easy when I look into Damiano's brown empty eyes. 

Immediately I make my way up the stairs and into his room. One of his largest travel bags is on the dresser. I tear it down and pull up the zipper so I can throw his clothes in it. I don't want him to see me crying right now, mostly because I'm too proud to show vulnerability.

All clothes are torn out without paying attention to keeping a system or preventing some garments from becoming wrinkled. My tears drip down and hits the fabric on every single item.

I hear sobs from the first floor and Thomas and Ethan's voices who tries to calm Damiano down. Obviously his feelings are more important than mine even though he's the one who messed up big time again.

I finish packing his stuff. Everything that is his is now inside the bag. There's not a single little thing left in the room that belongs to Damiano, and so it shall remain.

With me down the stairs, I drag the bag. It seems that Thomas has realized that what I said was serious, because now he stands right in front of me on the stairs and refuses me to come by.

«Move», I spit. Poor thomas doesn't really deserve this, but I'm angry and then I usually let my anger go beyond everyone else.

«You can't throw him out. His condition is absolutely awful. He really regrets what he said about you. In addition, it's many months ago. Can't you give him a chance to explain himself? I hate to see my best friends arguing all the time», he begs. I roll my eyes at him.

Give him a chance and get hurt again soon? I don't know if I can do this again. Every time we find back to each other, it ends this way because he really can not control himself.

«Thomas...», I sigh shaking my head and push him aside. This is my decision, and I stand by it.

In the sofa sits Ethan with his arm safely placed around Damiano. My heart melts by the brotherly love they have for one another until Damiano turns to me and I see how swollen and red his eyes are.

«What are you doing with my bag?», his voice trembles and I see the fear in his eyes. They tell me he expects the worst. I walk over to him with small steps. I place the bag in front of him on the table and takes a step back.

«I think you should leave now», I whisper. Deep down, I hope he doesn't hear me because I want be able to say those six words one more time without breaking down. Then he might have to stay.

His sobs returns something that breaks my heart even more. «Amore, you don't mean this», Damiano's body rises quickly from the sofa. I'm holding my breath. He grabs my left hand while I stand looking down at the floor.

«Give me a chance to explain. You don't even know the whole story, bella. I'll do anything to make you forgive me», he says with tears running down his cheeks. I've never seen him cry this much before.

I look up slowly while I avoid the boys' gaze directed at me. It slips away on a picture of all four of us together. Happy and without major crucial problems in our lives. That's when I realize how much damage we have done to each other. None of us are happy together anymore. And it's now I'm going to say something I've had in my mind for a while, but which I've been afraid to tell them.

«I've already made up my mind. I'm tired of all our fights and I feel you are untrustworthy, Damiano. A relationship without trust is not a good relationship. We should take a break. Both from the relationship and from 'måneskin'. Maybe for a while, maybe forever. I don't know, but this is what feels right», I say. Now my tears are flowing too.

Ethan and Thomas just stand there with shocked expressions on their faces, but I'm pretty sure I can see grief behind it. I feel so terrible, but this is what feels right for me and I have to follow my heart to live the best possible life.

«And if you don't leave, I will», once more I whisper before I walk upstairs leaving them in the living room to pack my suitcase for the fourth or fifth time in under a couple of months to escape from my problems once again. This time indefinitely.

I know that with Damiano by my side, I'm just going to get hurt and my trust issues will become worse, and that doesn't tempt. I've been through hell.

We all need a break from each other to see what the future holds for us. Many years have passed, and I feel it is time that we get some time off from each other.

I believe that if the universe has decided that we should be together, then we will meet again in later times. If we do not meet, that's fine too. Then maybe this was just a phase.

A phase I would've never been without.

THE END

-

This was the last chapter of «unexpected love» and as you may understand it will be a second book, but I don't know if it will come out right away or if I will write a new book that I have had in my mind for a while now. It may not have been the ending you were hoping for, but at least it creates content for book number two.

Many thanks to all of you who have read this book. 21k is pretty amazing and I am eternally grateful <3

Take care and stay tuned for the continuation and for my brand new book!!